Atlanta Half Marathon. (Read 699 times)

Runner

Had a good race today. I had a goal of breaking 1:30 for the Half Marathon and came in right at 1:27:00. I did the race on a recomendation by a friend who wanted me to go with him. We drove down Wed. and endured the change from central to eastern time. The race started at 7:00 EST and so that tranlated to starting at 6 for what we were used to. We had to ride Marta from the finish to the start which took a little while and we had to walk a little from our hotel to the finish as well. It was cold when we boarded Marta(35) but there was not much of a wind so it was pleasante enough. I decided to wear a short sleeved compression shirt with a singlet over it for some extra warmth and some arm warmes and gloves. It ended up being almost perfect as once I started to run the temps were perfect. The course is a series of big rollers and it seemed like most of it was downhill to me except for some pretty tough hills at the 7.5 mile mark and then around 12 miles. The finish is really great as you crest a hill then have a kick friendly downhill under the olympic rings and right in front of Turner field. The medal was okay, the food was minimal, but the race support staff was excellent and made it a wonderful experience. I would definately do this race again so that's a positive review I guess. The shirt was also very nice tech. shirt with colors of the Weather Channel who sponsored the race with the ATL track club.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

xor

Good for you! That's a great time. I was there running the full. Of course, with your race starting in a different place 30 minutes earlier and my race being, well, longer, I'm sure you were showered and napping by the time I lumbered in. What a nice day. Nice to have The Weather Channel as a sponsor.

Imminent Catastrophe

What a nice day. Nice to have The Weather Channel as a sponsor.
        I hear the Weather Channel girl was hot. Good to see you SR.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

She was!