RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

xor

I'm here to tell you that Airplane, what with its random BOOBS shot in the middle, well that's money for a 13 year old boy.  Oh yesss.

So is Alien

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Has anyone seen Megamind?  

Yes, I took my son over Thanksgiving.  It was ok.  He loved it.  It is a great story.  FYI - all the previews (95% of them, anyway) happen in the first 15 minutes or so.  It was not the story I thought it was going to be, at all, but it was better than I thought.  Not as good as How to Train Your Dragon, but still very good.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So I just watched How to Tame Your Dragon. Wow. What a lovely and well told story, with beautiful animation and likable characters. Very well done.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I just watched How to Tame Your Dragon. Wow. What a lovely and well told story, with beautiful animation and likable characters. Very well done.

Seriously...I am like addicted to this movie.  I've watched it at least 4 times and am hugely bummed that we didn't manage to see it on the big screen.  I think it might be my most favorite animated film, ever.  Doesn't hurt that it combines Vikings + Scots--my people.  Toothless reminds us of our youngest cat, too.  The personality and facial expressions were spot-on.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Liesl, Rolfe's a Nazi! Get used to it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey Liesl, Rolfe's a Nazi! Get used to it.

*snort*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

Yeah, my video on demand isn't working so the hills are alive with the sound of music.
                  Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I saw a trailer for Hood to Coast for 1/11/11. The film follows four teams. Has anyone heard about this? Is it worth the time and popcorn?

And, who has run this race?

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

watched a documentary last night called "im still here." the synopsis said it was the story of joaquin phoenix (gladiator) and his move from acting to a career in hip hop. it was less of that and more just plain shit show. from what they showed, joaquin is a complete waste of a human being. sorry for any fans of his around here, but i think if you watched it you would feel the same way.

Ostrich runner

It was a hoax.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

yeah, i read all about it. that doesnt excuse him from anything. from what i gather, he was trying to portray the hardships of being a celebrity in the public eye. im sure its not easy, but that doesnt make it right to abuse people and drugs the way he did. and just the fact that he set up this enourmous hoax in the first place is a testament to his lack of respect for people.

Tramps

If you like mockumentaries, check out "Exit through the Gift Shop."

Smart.  Funny.  Too true.

Be safe. Be kind.

"run" "2" "eat"

It was a hoax.

oh, sure. next thing you'll say survivor is scripted.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Winters Bones.

Well then.