Mission Completed: "I am a Half-Marathon Finisher!!!!" (Read 1020 times)

Great report. Thanks for sharing! My first half is a week from today and I'm anticipating the cheers to get me through it. I teared up as you got to the end, b/c I know that will be ME in a week! Congrats!!! You deserve it!
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
      Congratulations! Big grin
      2009: BQ?

2008 Philly Trifecta

Great report. Thanks for sharing! My first half is a week from today and I'm anticipating the cheers to get me through it. I teared up as you got to the end, b/c I know that will be ME in a week! Congrats!!! You deserve it!
        thanks for reading and posting, Courtney! It was a real emotional experience. I look forward to reading your post race report! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
        2008 Philly Trifecta:
        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
        Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
        Philly Marathon-11/23
        "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Finished!

Congratulations Smile I hope to join you as a half-marathon finisher in the not too distant future Big grin
          Walk + Jog = wog.
          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! I just signed up for the Maine Coast Half Marathon next September 21. It's all women, except one guy who gets in through a lottery. I'm looking forward to it but terrified at the same time! The farthest I've run at this point is 5.4 miles, so I have a ways to go. I just printed out Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon: Novice training plan - it looks good! I wasn't sure how to increase my mileage, but he makes it simple. Cool

2008 Philly Trifecta

Congratulations! I just signed up for the Maine Coast Half Marathon next September 21. It's all women, except one guy who gets in through a lottery. I'm looking forward to it but terrified at the same time! The farthest I've run at this point is 5.4 miles, so I have a ways to go. I just printed out Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon: Novice training plan - it looks good! I wasn't sure how to increase my mileage, but he makes it simple. Cool
              You can do it, Theresa!!! Hal Higdon has a great plan. If you read my blog and past posts...you'll see that due to an injury late in my training, I missed some key long runs. Just remain flexible and don't increase mileage too quickly. You have plenty of time to build up milage. Have fun!!! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
              2008 Philly Trifecta:
              10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
              Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
              Philly Marathon-11/23
              "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

You can do it, Theresa!!! Hal Higdon has a great plan. If you read my blog and past posts...you'll see that due to an injury late in my training, I missed some key long runs. Just remain flexible and don't increase mileage too quickly. You have plenty of time to build up milage. Have fun!!! Wink Dave
                Thanks, Dave! I will check out your blog. I'm glad I found this forum! One of the surprises for me as I've started running is how positive and friendly runners are as a group. I never knew you all existed before, lol! The other thing I find humorous is that I can't seem to stop TALKING about running. I'm glad my non-running friends are tolerant of that. Maybe I will convince one or two of them to try running themselves. Teresa
                  The other thing I find humorous is that I can't seem to stop TALKING about running. I'm glad my non-running friends are tolerant of that. Maybe I will convince one or two of them to try running themselves.
                  I'm the same way, except it usually results in fights with my wife who says "can we PLEASE talk about something OTHER than running?" My goal is to get her running; she'd make a great running partner...
                  "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.