Facebook Application Issues (Read 1113 times)

I didn't realize people actually still paid attention to the stats from my runs until this issue came about.  I now have friends trying to guess my mileage and pace.  I could make this a contest for a free cup of coffee on me if they guess correctly.

MaureenT

My runs still aren't posting anymore to FB

HermosaBoy

Looking @ facebook, it appears that whatever change they made was around 07/10.

My entries after 7/10 do not show mileage or pace details.  Just that I ran and what time I started...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Looking @ facebook, it appears that whatever change they made was around 07/10.

My entries after 7/10 do not show mileage or pace details.  Just that I ran and what time I started...

Probably the same change that's now causing everyone's likes and comments to show up in my news feed, no matter how often I hit "unsubscribe from comments and likes".  Roll eyes

eric :)

It appeared that FB made another batch of changes, which is just as well since I don't have time to fix the problem just yet.  I should wait a bit for dusts to settle down before making yet another set of changes to fix problems caused by FB.

alevansal

Eric -  I totally understand your frustration at trying to hit a moving target!  If it makes you feel better when you do get around to making Running Ahead play nicely with Facebook's new incarnation, I very much enjoy reading my friends' RA posts and seeing what their training is.  I realize that yes, I can click the link, and I often do, but I'm lazy and like when I just see what they're doing in my newsfeed.  So, I will very much appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure others will, too.

Feeling the growl again

It appeared that FB made another batch of changes, which is just as well since I don't have time to fix the problem just yet.  I should wait a bit for dusts to settle down before making yet another set of changes to fix problems caused by FB.

After talking with a programmer friend of mine recently, I totally get your pain.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I'm not sure who fixed something, but FB posts appear to be operating as intended again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yep. I'm seeing them with the details again also.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

eric :)

It's FB since I haven't touched the app for months.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I didn't realize people actually still paid attention to the stats from my runs until this issue came about.  I now have friends trying to guess my mileage and pace.  I could make this a contest for a free cup of coffee on me if they guess correctly.

<Like> except for the out-of-pocket for coffee.  You need to make it an inward cash flow scheme.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Looks like Facebook may be broken again. I haven't had a workout post to FB since 9/12 and I haven't seen one from anyone else either. I tried resetting permissions with no luck. Stupid Facebook.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Looks like Facebook may be broken again. I haven't had a workout post to FB since 9/12 and I haven't seen one from anyone else either. I tried resetting permissions with no luck. Stupid Facebook.

Just saw one pop up from a friend. Must just be me.

Feeling the growl again

Just saw one pop up from a friend. Must just be me.

It looks fine to me today, can't speak for earlier in the week.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I know Eric doesn't have control over this, but just thought I'd mention that it looks like the FB posts are hosed up again.