Adreneline 8s (Read 531 times)

Menace to Sobriety

I just got a post card from a running shoe dealer saying the 8s were being discontinued. Seems like the 8s just came out last spring. I liked the 7s way better than the 8s, but the 8s were tolerable and have talked to some other runners that feel the same way. Maybe the 9s will be more like the 7s? Anyone else hear anything?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

A Saucy Wench

are you kidding me? Because when I went to the goddamn store just a few weeks ago I said I didnt want a pair of shoes that was going to be discontinued soon. I bought 7's in December and 8's a few weeks ago.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

My Fleet Feet said the 9s would be in in December, which is great cause I too hated the 8s. I run in 7s now, and I hope the 9s feel more like the 7s. I just bought a pair of 7s online. I bet you can find the 8s in plenty of places (especially online), even if Brooks say they'll stop making them once the 9 becomes the standard for the Adrenaline.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Menace to Sobriety

As soon as I tried the 8s, I went out stocked up with 4 pair of 7s. Just started a new pair of 8s, but have 3 more pair of 7s in the closet. Like you, I hope the 9s are more like the 7s. MTA: Just got an email response from Brooks. They don't like the term "discontinued". They prefer "evolved". The Adreneline 9s will be out in early 2009.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Ringmaster

Ah, semantics. Good for you, stocking up like that on a good shoe.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

A Saucy Wench

I havent worn my 8's much yet, what are you feeling different? I dont think I'll have enough shoe to stretch it out to December. It will be close. I am kicking myself for not finding a second brand. I am remembering NOW what I dont like about the Adrenalines, they dont cushion well for me for the long runs. But at this point I am locked into Brooks for my marathon, although I will probably race in the Infinitis

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Menace to Sobriety

I havent worn my 8's much yet, what are you feeling different? I dont think I'll have enough shoe to stretch it out to December. It will be close.
                Its hard to put my finger exactly on it, but it seems like the 8s are a little stiffer than the 7s. I feel like the 7s even fit my foot a little better. I can run in the 8s with no problems, but the 7s were a little more comfortable. I've been in the Adrenalines way back to the 5s, I think and mostly I haven't noticed much between the generations, but there was a noticable difference between the 7s and 8s. You might want to look at the Axioms, if you want to stay in Brooks, and my daughter, who runs in college, alternates between the Mizuno Elixir and the Adrenaline with out any issues. I ran my marathon in the first generation Axiom, which I loved, but they used a polycarbonate outsole on the 1st couple iterations and it was noisy as hell. I run early in the morning, and I used to hear the footfalls echoing off the houses in the neighborhoods. It was kind of embarassing. I haven't tried the newer ones, but I do know that they got so many complaints about the noise they eventually "evolved" the outsole. Good luck in Hood to Coast.