iPod touch battery issues (Read 592 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Today I tried to start up the iPod touch (1st gen) and--the battery is completely dead, in 24 hours. It was powered off, and wi-fi was off too. This isn't the first time, it happens randomly, usually it does just fine then just at the wrong moment (like a long flight) it's dead, Jim.

Anyone else have this problem with iPod touch or iPhone? I know battery issues are a long and proud tradition with the iPods but I've never had problems personally.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My iTouch has never had this problem.
        I had the same problem and it would only turn on if I held down the top black button and the home button on the bottom of the face of the ipod for 15 seconds. I sent it back to Apple and within 3 days I had a new ipod kicking butt. Of course it deleted all of my App saves and everything but meh =/
        wyerock

My iTouch has never had this problem.

What's an iTouch?

Of course it deleted all of my App saves and everything but meh =/

Does iTunes not do a backup during sync for the iPod Touch?  On the iPhone you can restore everything to a new phone--apps, data, etc.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

iTouch is an abbreviated way of saying iPod Touch. 
              It did a backup and everything but somehow all my game saves got deleted =(
              wyerock

iTouch is an abbreviated way of saying iPod Touch. 

Yeah, I know.  Most of the guys I know that have one HATE when you call it an iTouch.  Apparently it sounds like an "adult" toy.

It did a backup and everything but somehow all my game saves got deleted =(
                That's not cool. It should store all the apps associated file. Maybe a bad implementation from the game developer? As far as PerfesserR -- It sounds like one of the typical battery issues. My iPod Video dies when I leave it connected to my car because the power shuts off after an hour, but doesn't let the iPod turn off. The battery still charges alright though. I would have Apple replace it if its under warranty, otherwise you can do it yourself for less than $20, or have a place online do it for $32 or so.