Funky feet! (Read 625 times)

This is a 2 part issue, which may or may not be connected. First, I noticed while running a 7mi run last week that my L foot always drags or scuffs the ground. My R foot does not. I'm not sure if this is some sort of strange gait thing or if I'm compensating for my aching back & groin or what. When that leg comes forward, it scuffs either at my toes or on the ball of my foot every time. I don't remember this always being so. The 2nd issue is my L foot. It never bothers me. I never get blisters on either foot that I'm aware of. Occasionally, I'll notice some wonderful peeling areas which could have been small blisters or could just be dry skin or whatever. Basically, I have ugly runner's feet!! Dead Truthfully, unless I have excruciating pain somewhere, I just don't pay attention to my feet. But, I noticed in the last couple of weeks that the outside of my L foot is peeling tremendously...about a 1"x4" area. It looks like it would if you had a big blister that has popped & is drying & peeling away. I've never had this before. I haven't been to the gym in ages, haven't been going without shoes cause of the weather, I'm obsessively clean, so no too concerned about any rotting foot funk issues!! Wink Could this be my shoe rubbing? Could I be supinating? When I walk, I have a tendency to walk on the outsides of my feet, but I've never noticed it when I run. Any thoughts?? Thanks, Eryn
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I think you scared everyone off with the funk Big grin I have no idea why you're peeling, but I suspect that you dragged your foot because you're getting tired. You could be right about the compensation. That tends to wear down the tiny stabilization muscles. After they get tired, you lose your running form and end up dragging your foot. Usually, pilates or other forms of cross training will help increase your core strength and might fix the problem. You should go see a podiatrist about the other problem if it's bothering you. Personally, I think podiatrists are weird...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Personally, I think podiatrists are weird...
        Heh...go pay a visit to a urologist if you REALLY want to see weird... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! Or nursing students! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

LOL! Or nursing students! Big grin
            Easy now!! Big grin I think podiatrists are a little strange too. Honestly, who wants to look at feet all day?? Yuck! Especially runners feet...YUCK!! I was beginning to wonder if everyone saw the subject & took off for the bathroom gagging?! Dead Really, they aren't THAT bad!!
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            Wingz

Professional Noob

No worries,Eryn. I'm a nursing student too, don'cha know. And yes, anyone who will get excited about getting the opportunity to put an NG tube down someone is... well... a little strange. Shocked Blush Your post probably just came out at a time when no one was looking. Yeah, I'd guess you're dragging because of compensating for other areas. Everything's connected, ya know? Get well soon!

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

The 2nd issue is my L foot. It never bothers me. I never get blisters on either foot that I'm aware of. Occasionally, I'll notice some wonderful peeling areas which could have been small blisters or could just be dry skin or whatever. Basically, I have ugly runner's feet!! Dead Truthfully, unless I have excruciating pain somewhere, I just don't pay attention to my feet. But, I noticed in the last couple of weeks that the outside of my L foot is peeling tremendously...about a 1"x4" area. It looks like it would if you had a big blister that has popped & is drying & peeling away. I've never had this before. I haven't been to the gym in ages, haven't been going without shoes cause of the weather, I'm obsessively clean, so no too concerned about any rotting foot funk issues!! Wink
                That's hot. Yes

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

I would recommend a chiropractor. What you describe sounds like your hips are out, leaving one leg longer than the other which causes compensation, which causes problems like what you described. disclaimer: I'm a bit biased though. I see a chiro 3 times a week. He stretches me, works specific areas of concern and basicly keeps me running.

Jennifer mm#1231