DFW: Rockledge Rumble (Read 570 times)

Burninated Peasant

Rockledge Rumble is next Saturday. I signed up for the 30k on this one (maybe I'll be up for the 50k next year. Definitely not this year). Thankfully the trail is no longer under water, so I guess the race will actually happen. Anybody else planning on doing this one? Has anybody run it before? I'm kind of curious how well spaced the water stops are - I don't want to carry my own water if I can avoid it. For those of you working on training for the White Rock marathon/half marathon, this might be a nice long run. Or if you prefer roads, there's the Asics Texas 10/20 miler the same weekend on part of the White Rock course. I enjoyed it last year.
    mbk

I've done the 50k three years in a row (walking). I'm doing the 30k this year. It will be my first time to run it (as opposed to walking). To be honest I don't recall how far apart the aid is. I've always carried my own fluids and I will carry a handheld bottle this year. I seem to remember seven aid stations (not including the start/finish area) - three on the way out, one at the turnaround, and three on the way back. I'm not 100% sure, it could be two out, turnaround, and two back. Sorry, the details are fuzzy. I can assure that the aid stations will be WELL stocked - coke, water, HEED, gatorade, chips, cookies, candy, fruit, peanut butter sandwiches. You won't leave hungry. I've heard the trail is in good shape and there will less pavement than ever (there's always been about a 1/4 mile stretch of asphalt but I think the new trials bypass that). It's a great race and a lot of fun; hope to see you there. Our very own jlynnbob will be announcing the finishers so keep an eye out for him.
        This falls right between the DRC HM and Ultracentric - so I won't be running it this time. I will be around somewhere helping out though. If I don't see you at an aid station - I'll see you at the finish line.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

mbk

From the Rockledge Rumble Race Director: "There are 35 spots left for the Rumble as of today, not counting the apps in transit. If you haven't sent your entry in it's probably to late. The run is selling out for the fourth year in a row. This promises to be the best year ever! Weather will be cool and sunny, the trails are in the best condition ever, the course is the best ever and the Patagonia Long sleeve Capilene shirts are beautiful! The 50k runners get special finisher awards this year and all runners get a new finishers award this year also. Letha has the aid stations well equipped and wired, Kari has the trailer cleaned, stocked, organized and ready to roll, the Baccus girls are hot and ready to rumble for the runners at Twin coves, the HOGs under Fred and Char will be rumbling at Murrell! There will be something very special this year, a first ever in Texas trail running from the unicyclists trail sweeps, it is really going to be neat!!! As usual, Pam Blenden will have fantastic post race food, Cindy Melder is again graciously providing Starbucks coffee at the start and the NON-NTTR 19th hole will be out there also! Our very own Gene Wilkes will again honor us with the invocation, the veterans will be recognized, the results will again be blazing fast, the Rockledge Flood and Guts hand crafted beer by Kevin Wessels for the 50k finishers is aged, each runner gets a cold Harley Davidson of North Texas bottle of water handed to them at the finish, Rick is back with his music and great sound system and the voices of the Rumble, Lynn Ballard and Paul Tidmore, are on the "mic" at the finish line again this year. We encourage everyone to hang around after the your run for great food, libations, camaraderie and cheering the rest of the finishers in, it's an NTTR tradition!" It's gonna be good!
            If I am in town, I might look at doing the 15K or Asics 10 miler.

Vim