200+ miles this month and one day to go. (Read 652 times)

Member Since 2008

I passed two of my records today: miles per month (one day left) and miles per year (thirty two days left).  Marathon training is going great!!
    AXes

Way to go PRE!  I plan to break 200 for the first time tomorrow morning.  This is a whole new level of commitment, but it feels good.

Looks like your marathon PR was Colorado last May.  Is that the race you're training for now?

If I can ask, how many miles/week are you working toward?  I'm trying to figure out a plan for my first attempt (May 2010 Flying Pig).

Good luck - Andy

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

Member Since 2008

I am currently training for the Eugene marathon at the end of April.  I dont go for miles per week, I try to run by time, 40 to 45 minutes per day and on Saturdays (long days) go one hour, and try increase by five each week.  Right now I am up to 1 hour and 30 minutes.  At The peak of my training I should be around 2 hours to 2 and a half hours on the long runs.
        Ice Cream

Interesting post!  I have switched from running only to walk/running, and have had two 280+ months.  I walk about 2/3 of them.  I cannot dream of only running such distances in a month.  (I used to run 42-45 mpw.)

Congratulations.