My last run was Version 3.0... (Read 64 times)

degregorius

...because there were other threads with this subject.

I'm ending a long period of unemployment, and have gotten back to running.  Today, I did three short runs.

A slow 3 miler.

Two miles around a track alternating between fast & slow runs

A sub 10:30 mile run around the track.

As for the last one, I was curious to see if I could do that.  The former minister at my church is now a chaplain at Great Lakes Naval Academy.

Everyone - including the civilian employees- has to be able to run a 10:30 mile.  I was curious about that standard.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

...because there were other threads with this subject.

I'm ending a long period of unemployment, and have gotten back to running.  Today, I did three short runs.

A slow 3 miler.

Two miles around a track alternating between fast & slow runs

A sub 10:30 mile run around the track.

As for the last one, I was curious to see if I could do that.  The former minister at my church is now a chaplain at Great Lakes Naval Academy.

Everyone - including the civilian employees- has to be able to run a 10:30 mile.  I was curious about that standard.

I'm curious, too.  Do they expect a monster who can only run 11 minute miles to attack?  (And you can get to safety within a mile?)

degregorius

Q: I'm curious, too.  Do they expect a monster who can only run 11 minute miles to attack?  (And you can get to safety within a mile?)

A: Darned if I know.  And the standard isn't age-based either.

degregorius

Another of what I call a "how far in 45" run.  A 45-minute run wherein the first 40 minutes is between a 12 minute & 11:20 pace.  For the last 5 minutes, I see how fast I can go at a 10 minute or less pace.  Today it was 3.78 miles.

Sometimes I do this for an hour.