Shoe mileage bug? (Read 78 times)

I see an oddity with shoe mileage.

If I look at equipment on this page I see that the entry for Primal-2 (First pair-black) shows the correct mileage, 12.1 miles.  However, if I click on the icon to view this entry I get this page which shows 38.38 miles, which is incorrect.  This is also the number of miles shown if I select this equipment entry from the dropdown when editing a new workout.

Maybe edit the shoe entry and see if you have entered something in the initial mileage field?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Julia1971

I thought there was something weird about my shoe mileages, too. I retired a pair last night and added a new pair. This morning, I noticed two pairs are only in the 275s but I thought they were close to or over 300. I'm not  positive, though.

Maybe edit the shoe entry and see if you have entered something in the initial mileage field?

Shoe mileage field was left empty.

It's odd, because all the rest of my active shoes seem to be right.  From a software perspective I find this interesting.  Isn't the data normalized?  Is the total mileage actually stored in more than one place?  Are there conditions under which it is dynamically recalculated across all transactions?

eric :)

Yes, this is a bug.  I can't believe it took this long to surface.  It is including the mileage from deleted workouts.  When you delete your workout, the workout is only marked for deletion.  The server waits until it's idle before actually deleting the workouts, which is typically late at night eastern time.  I'll fix the bug for the next update.  Thanks for reporting it!

eric Smile

Julia1971

So, my bug was in my head? Great. I guess I have to pound out some more miles to kill those shoe.