Incredible new Race reports & "On The Run" Pacing wristband (Read 769 times)

RUN HARD

I admire you you guys DEFEND the site. I registered back in late January. The tools and training log are the BEST I have ever seen. I admit the approach to introduce the products was poor. I wish I could contribute more to the forums, but I don't even have time to keep up with the awesome training log. Both products are just things that I felt as a runner were needed. The ON THE RUN wristband has a seperate column so that you know your ADJUSTED PPM (pace per mile)...so if your 2 minutes 15 seconds ahead of pace...you can easily see what your new PPM needs to be to hit your GOAL. This is free...feedback, suggesttions...more than welcome. The other product I was not going to post about...but I received an e-mail about a Photo from a 10K I was in...$44.99, for a picture. Unreal. I always wanted a cool momento to remember and share my accomplishments...so I really wanted to just get feedback. I should have said that upfront. I apologize. Thanks for listening....and I really enjoyed the FIRED UP attitudes. We gotta fight for what you believe in.
      I like the concept of the wristband, but I don't see how someone without a Garmin or other GPS is going to make better use of this than they would a regular wristband (which you also offer). Thanks for letting us know about this. Regarding the scrapbook thing - it looks kind of cool - but I wouldn't buy one - just not my thing. To be fair, I wouldn't spend $45 for a race photo either.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

eric :)

Hi guys, I apologize for a delayed response. I am still whacking my brain on how to respond to it. I understand the desire to advertise on the site. After all, this is just another place where runners gather. I'm not against advertisement. Not all ads are bad if they are done tastefully and may be of interest to the users. This site is devoid of ads because I find more interest in creating running related features than to actually work on putting up ads. Allow me to be selfish for a moment. I feel that if I allow advertisements on here, then maybe my site should benefit from these ads. I don't think it's fair that I'm struggling to keep it ad free and to have someone else reap the benefits. That said, there was precedence with regards to the ads. Users have made posts on sales and products endorsements. I allowed them because the users were just happy customers. They have no financial gains with the products they endorse. Run Hard: I remember you creating this account from a long time ago, which was why I wasn't sure if you were advertising or endorsing. Thank you for the disclosure of your interests. To all potential advertisers: please send me an email. It's not an approval process per se. I just want to keep these posts relevant to the users, because they are the ones I care about. Without the email, I reserve the right to remove advertisements that I deem inappropriate. eric Smile
        RUN HARD

I like the concept of the wristband, but I don't see how someone without a Garmin or other GPS is going to make better use of this than they would a regular wristband (which you also offer). Thanks for letting us know about this. quote> I am confused by your comment. This wristband is to help you determine how much you can slow down if your ahead of pace..or how much to speed up if your behind. You do not need a Garmin or GPS. Look at the example --> http://endorphinreport.com/Tools/WristbandOnTheRunExplained.aspx Wristband - "On the Run" Explained This wristband is slightly wider to accommodate the three extra columns: Banked Time 15 Second | 30 Second | 60 Second Overview: During your marathon your pace will fluctuate throughout the race due to a variety of reasons (hills, downhills, crowded early miles, nervousness, water stops, endorphins kickin, etc...)...the last thing you want to do is PANIC. The "ON THE RUN" adjusted PPM calc is a fast, simple, accurate way to determine what your future PPM needs to be for you to still achieve your GOAL TIME SEE CHART on SITE How to use: At any distance along the route, compare your REAL time versus your GOAL PACE. Take this difference and use the wristband to see what your adjusted PPM is: >> The 1st column is based on 15 seconds off goal pace >> The second column is based on 30 seconds off goal pace >> The last column is based on 60 seconds off goal pace. Scenario 1 On a Goal Time of 3:00:00 (refer to image above), if you cross the HALF MARATHON distance in 1:28:30, you are 1 minute and 30 seconds under pace. Looking at the wristband you can determine your per mile pace difference to still get to your goal time: 4.6 (60 sec value) 2.3 (30 sec value) ______________ 6.9 seconds per mile This means that you can run 6.9 seconds slower per mile and still reach your goal pace. Scenario 2 On a Goal Time of 3:00:00 (refer to image above), if you cross the 15 Mile distance in 1:45:15, you are 2 minutes and 16 seconds over pace. Looking at the wristband you can determine your per mile pace difference behind your goal: 2 x 5.3=10.6 (2x60 sec value) 1.3 (15 sec value) ______________ 11.9 seconds per mile This means that you need to run 11.9 seconds faster per mile than goal pace to still reach your goal.
          RUN HARD

Hi guys, I apologize for a delayed response. I am still whacking my brain on how to respond to it. I understand the desire to advertise on the site. After all, this is just another place where runners gather. I'm not against advertisement. Not all ads are bad if they are done tastefully and may be of interest to the users. This site is devoid of ads because I find more interest in creating running related features than to actually work on putting up ads. Allow me to be selfish for a moment. I feel that if I allow advertisements on here, then maybe my site should benefit from these ads. I don't think it's fair that I'm struggling to keep it ad free and to have someone else reap the benefits. That said, there was precedence with regards to the ads. Users have made posts on sales and products endorsements. I allowed them because the users were just happy customers. They have no financial gains with the products they endorse. Run Hard: I remember you creating this account from a long time ago, which was why I wasn't sure if you were advertising or endorsing. Thank you for the disclosure of your interests. To all potential advertisers: please send me an email. It's not an approval process per se. I just want to keep these posts relevant to the users, because they are the ones I care about. Without the email, I reserve the right to remove advertisements that I deem inappropriate. eric Smile
            Sounds good Eric.
              I read the instructions. I understand how it works and it's actually a pretty cool concept. Let me try to better explain what I mean. Let's use your example of needing to slow down by 6.9 seconds per mile. In my opinion, someone that feels the need to have a wristband like that is not going to be any better off trying to slow down 6.9 seconds per mile than just "slowing down just a little bit". I know I couldn't slow down or speed up by that amount on purpose and would probably stress out over it and overcompensate. In other words, without a GPS, that person is just as well (if not better) off with the vanilla wristband.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

RUN HARD

It's intended to let you know that it's OK to run 7 seconds slower than pace...and still hit goal. It's not intended for a person to actually SLOW DOWN, but let them understand by how much they can slow down and be OK. So let's say your needed to run 8:15 PPM, then you see that you are ahead 6.9 (round to 7) ahead of pace...you can relax iof your next 2 miles are 8:22's. After 2 8:22's I might panic and start thinking...man I am blowing it I need to pick it up. It's also cool to see if you have a slow 1st mile...it barely affects you hitting your goal...unless you go out WAY TOO FAST!!! I like it just so I would know at Mile 18 - 22 if I am 2 minutes AHEAD of Pace and start slowing down...will I still make it. Thanks for the feedback Big grin
                  I never got the concept of wristbands. To me, worrying too much about pace--especially something as small as mile splits in a marathon--is the best way to mess up a good race. I had a major breakthrough in racing when I stopped looking at my splits and started only paying attention to effort. If you go by effort you will always run what you're capable of on that given day--you will allow yourself to have a breakout day when it's your day and you'll prevent yourself from having a major blowup when it's not. You can't run faster than you're capable, no matter what the wristband says. If your goal time is outside your fitness level, you're all done at the gun; if it's within your fitness level then paying too much attention to mile splits is the best way to fugg it all up. My .02, learn how to run by effort and forget about the wristband. Plus running by effort is free.

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

Eric, other forums have found a very simple and effective way to deal with "semi-advertising" posts. The poster must simply disclose whether or not they have any financial interest in the product. That way, readers can decide for themselves, fully informed. Any post should indicate FI or NFI. It works.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016