Starting again (Read 623 times)

nemo1

Well, I am starting again. My "running", seriously, this is the fastest I can go, is about one and half hours a mile. So no one complain about a 12 minute/mile pace!! Haha.. Wink Except, I can't even go a mile. Tongue That's okay, I went probably .3 miles kind of at once today. We went blueberry picking and that was walking from the van to the blueberries and back. I was very glad to sit when I got back to our van. Anyway, things are getting figured out with the insurance companies, now I just have to wait. In September, I am allowed to drive again, so I will get a new car then, too. Speaking of which, I saw my car today... I am lucky I got away with a broken pelvis and some broken ribs. My poor car Cry Alright, enough complaining, so, when is that virtual 5K again? I can't do 5 K, but I can try working up to walking for 30 minutes (that is approximately my 5K pace before the accident) and seeing how far I go. Let me know. Sara
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Isn't it something to see a car that has been in a REALLY bad wreck that the driver and occupants walked away from? Before we bought our Mazda I saw some awful photos...the cars were mangled. But in each case the drivers were alive and well. The worst case was a guy who had gotten T-boned by a Honda Accord in a high-speed chase with police. The driver of the Accord died...but not the guy in the smaller Mazda 3 (with 6 airbags). We were sold. Modern cars are really something. Bigger doesn't always = safer, anymore. I hope the insurance issues are resolved soon. What's the status of the police report, now? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Sara, Glad to hear you're doing better. But please don't push yourself too hard. I understand the need to get back into it, but you're still recovering. Progress will probably be slow, but you'll get there!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Virtual race is Aug 5-6, so that'll give you a date to shoot for. You just tell me what distance (or time) you're trying for and I'll hook you up. (And yes, you can wait on figuring that out since that's a long time away, recovery-wise. If you would, give me a couple days notice, though, OK?) Take good care of your body - it needs it and you deserve it! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sara, Glad to hear you're doing better. But please don't push yourself too hard. I understand the need to get back into it, but you're still recovering. Progress will probably be slow, but you'll get there!
            Yup...and if you push too hard, too fast you risk delaying your recovery that much longer. Let yourself heal. As broken as your car was, you are, too. You can be fixed, but you have to let your body repair itself at the rate it needs to--even if it feels horribly slow to you. Eventually you will look back and be amazed at what the Human body can do to fix itself. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ditto on what the bunny said! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

nemo1

I'm not pushing myself. I have actually only been out walking twice since I was hurt. I had hoped to get more in, but just walking around shopping or standing in line takes a lot out of me. However... I did get a cane. I am actually very excited about that, you have no idea how much I truly hate that walker. I am feeling much better, and much more mobile. Only one and a half more months until I am officially able to go fast again. At least I hope so. I will talk to the doctor soon and make sure. I will let you guys know how much time I am up to for the virtual race. I do promise not to push myself too much. It just seems like a waste though, I had just signed up for a subscription to Runner's World and now it just depresses me to even try to open it and read it. So, I am setting them aside for a while until I get better. Anyway, I will work on getting better, I'm certainly on good enough drugs for the pain to subside. Wink