My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

That sounds like 4 "More Miles Than Degrees" points to me, ImNotScott!! Big grin

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

degregorius

Did I run outdoors today? I thought about it.  Instead, it was another "whirling dervish" run at the Y

[Maybe I should just cut to the chase and join a Sufi dancing workshop.  Spin around on one foot and all that.]

Anyway.  Six miles on the indoor track gave me a chance to become familiar with the buttons on the Timex Ironman I bought.

Now I know my splits.

Six miles in 1:04:04.

Outside? Maybe tomorrow.  This hobby wasn't supposed to have me going in circles.

[QUICKLY EXITS STAGE LEFT, DODGING ROTTEN EGGS]

jmsab23

Another 4 treadmiles today -- tempo run. 28:44

Got two more approvals for the C25K program (school facility and local grocery store chain dietician agreeing to do a nutrition class), and made up some posters/flyers to put up around town. Newspaper notice should come out soon, so things are going along nicely. Just need to have some participants start signing up.

Run warm or run indoors.

Today's quote, from an unknown source: "When you aren't training, something bad happens -- NOTHING."

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

That sounds like 4 "More Miles Than Degrees" points to me, ImNotScott!! Big grin

No doubt about it....  Toughtest part is getting out the door.  4 points to you!

Tim 

Wandering Wally

6.7 miles today.  Feels like temp was 5.  Day 3 of heart rate training.  It's definitely different to control my effort based on heart rate.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

degregorius

Is this off topic?  I think it addresses core matters. Big grin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/comics/king_bizarro.html?name=Bizarro

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Last two runs were on a treadmill, 4 and 5 miles, yesterday and today respectively.

On a separate issue, my 4 little toes on my right foot start to go numb when I run outside after 2 miles or so. I believed this to be because of the cold but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they overcame it?

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

With my brother. The upside of running with him is that I run faster, which is also the downside.

In transit, arriving on time. 

8.5 miles super strong and easy.  22 degrees.

LeighDS - I have had intermittent issues with my toes going numb, but it also included the top and/or ball of my foot.  It could be the cold,but . . . .  First question - how old are your shoes?  I  realized my shoes had right around 400 miles, replaced them,and was fine for quite a while.  Then it started again and I made a connection between calf tightness and foot problems - everything's connected.  When my calves are happy,the rest of my leg/foot are happy too.    If it keeps happening, maybe a quick trip to the doctor?

jmsab - sounds like you are ready for this class!  I hope it's successful.

degregorius - thanks!  LOL

Great 10k tempo run - was only planning on 5 miles, but extended my route a bit just to push it. I bested my 10k PR (from last year, only 10k I've run, and didn't train consistently running up to it) by over 10 minutes! It's kinda amazing what running every day for a month will do for you... Big grin

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

Momshomerun

My last run was this morning, when I did the school run, running. I do this everyday. It's a great way to start the day, and squeeze my run in.

http://www.momshomerun.com

Wandering Wally

Last run was Awesome!  Using a heart rate monitor allowed me to finally put the slow into long slow distance run.  8.7 miles yesterday as that is what I could manage in two hours between keeping my heart rate down and dealing with the snowy conditions.  As my aerobic base improves and conditions improve I should be able to put the distance back into long slow distance run.

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you all have some good runs or rest days today.

Run!  Just Run!

Finally!!! Finally back at it after 5 days sidelined with the flu-cold-thingie. I ran 3.73 awesome and super strong miles out on our Berkshire mountain roads. 18 degrees, no wind, dusting of snow on the ground, beautiful. Yay.

Wandering Wally

Welcome back Melody!

Run!  Just Run!

mjsmith1223 Thanks!!