Treadmill was better for some things... (Read 531 times)

Has anyone experienced this... During the winter months and running indoors on the treadmill I found that I did more workouts than I do now, meaning, after running on the TM I would do more sit-ups, push-ups, leg lifts, etc. Now that I run outside, and do more mileage, I am not too motivated to do the other exercises. Is this typical for the transition of winter to spring and TM vs. outside? I really was more disciplined with working out over the winter. I didn't run as much mileage but I did more speed workouts and more other exercises. I find it difficult to go from fresh air outside to indoors down to the basement to finish working out. So most of the time now I just end it at running. Anyone else going through that?

Michelle

Not so much the way you are describing but I used to have a home office where I had the desk, computer, and some workout equipment. After checking running boards and doing what ever work I may have I would then exercise. After we adopted our son my office became his room so everything got moved and scattered to other rooms. My routine was gone and therefore the workouts were few and far in between.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        well now that I have a home gym I work out alot more often than I have in the past. It will be interesting to see how things go this summer when I may be doing alot of my running on the treadmill due to dh being gone and kids home for the summer.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I was thinking the same thing while I was waiting to cross the road this morning. Instead of running in place I did a few skaters lunges. I also run past a number of parks and it had me thinking about assisted pull ups on the monkey bars, standing push ups, etc. I'm going to come up with a routine I can do outside one day a week
          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I do the same thing, and it's all due to convenience. When I run outside, it's a pain to come back in, and set everything for the sit-ups, legs lifts and what not. When I run on the treadmill, the floor is right next to me and I can get down and do all the other stuff.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I find it difficult to go from fresh air outside to indoors down to the basement to finish working out. So most of the time now I just end it at running. Anyone else going through that?
              Since Jan. I have kept my cross-training days and running days separate, but this Summer I will probably have 1-2 days where I do a little of both. I have been planning to do my weights and abs work BEFORE going on my run, that way I am more likely to do both. Plus I get really sweaty, so I know I won't want to be laying on the floor in a pool of my own perspiration if I were to do my run first. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay