Table for annual mile stats (Read 449 times)

You have a table for weekly stats and monthly stats.  Can you do one in the same format for annual stats?  It could replace the cumulative stats, which is not that useful.  Thanks.  Great site!  I have been using it for years and have logged 12,406 miles.

Lloyd

I think I have seen where one of the users was able to create a table for annual stats that looked the same as weekly and monthly...

I have a similar question which is would it be possible to display more than 6 months in the "monthly run stats" widget..  Same for the "Weekly run stats" (editable to up to 12 months perhaps?  Or at least 9 months if space is a factor?)

Now if I can only find the user profile who had that chart I saw with the yearly stats that looked like weekly and monthly...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Graph your monthly totals for the time window of your choice, then click SaveAs and assign it a name.  The graph should now be available from the widgets.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Wing

Joggaholic

Graph your monthly totals for the time window of your choice, then click SaveAs and assign it a name.  The graph should now be available from the widgets.

It sounded like the OP's looking for numerical table stats rather than graphical stats, which is somewhat coarse (large range between tick marks)?

I agree, I am not sure if I ran 2700 or 2800 miles last year and I would like to know.

malr

I'm not sure if what you're looking for is similar to a report I built for my log. If you go to the Reports page and do the following:

• New Search
              • Date Range: Custom (1/1/2007 - 12/31/2100)
              • Group Result by: Year
              • Activity: Run
              • Hit Search

Then hit the Save button on the report and it'll show up as a saved search/report under Reports.

Once saved like this, is there any way to show it on the summary page?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Once saved like this, is there any way to show it on the summary page?

Yep, go to your "user log summary page",

then click on "Widgets" upper right,

then click + drag the "Activity Graph" icon over to where you want it on the summary page.

It will then prompt you which activity graph you want to display, and you just select the graph that you had created + saved.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

eric :)

The summary page is not designed for displaying long term data (i.e. data from years ago).  Rather, it is intended for recent info.  The thinking is that numbers from previous years don't change so putting them on the summary page may not be interesting and therefore it is better to run a report to get at that data.  This is why most of the widgets would not go beyond 6 months (except for graphs) and the total stats widget is specially designed to use cached data.  If you have too much old data, it may take multiple seconds to gather the data to create the summary page.

The summary page is not designed for displaying long term data (i.e. data from years ago).  Rather, it is intended for recent info.  The thinking is that numbers from previous years don't change so putting them on the summary page may not be interesting and therefore it is better to run a report to get at that data.  This is why most of the widgets would not go beyond 6 months (except for graphs) and the total stats widget is specially designed to use cached data.  If you have too much old data, it may take multiple seconds to gather the data to create the summary page.

Eric, I need to be careful debating with the genus who created such an impressive site, but I would find the annual miles helpful.  I have been on your site for several years and have always set an annual goal.  It would be very helpful to see trend in progress both in miles and average pace for the last few years (similar to the trend in weeks and months).  Having said that, I wouldn't want slow the data down.  Since the annual performance in prior years is a fixed number, I thought maybe there was a way to have it uploaded once instead of recalculating it every time you log on.  If that is not possible, I understand you point.   Thanks again!

Yep, go to your "user log summary page",

then click on "Widgets" upper right,

then click + drag the "Activity Graph" icon over to where you want it on the summary page.

It will then prompt you which activity graph you want to display, and you just select the graph that you had created + saved.

This is a table, not a graph.  It is called annual miles under reports.  Is there a way to put that on the summary page?

I'm not sure if what you're looking for is similar to a report I built for my log. If you go to the Reports page and do the following:

• New Search
                          • Date Range: Custom (1/1/2007 - 12/31/2100)
                          • Group Result by: Year
                          • Activity: Run
                          • Hit Search

Then hit the Save button on the report and it'll show up as a saved search/report under Reports.

Thanks.  I created the table under reports.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  Is there a way to put in on my summary page and have it updated when I add  miles?