Am I reading this right? (Read 1064 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

At Country Music Marathon, 2012, you can now pay $40 or more for the privilege of parking at the finish line (where there is a stadium that has lots that can hold thousands of cars).

$40+ just to park my car in a lot where in years past traffic control was so very bad you could not get your car out for several hours after finishing.

Thank you sir, may I have another?

I ran my community's little podunk marathon last fall, and I could get in my car and be gone within 5 minutes of crossing the line (if I could have walked at that point), and people are asking when I'm going to do a big city marathon.  Meh.  The experience of those big things don't mean that much to me.  I'll still hurt the same when I'm done.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

#artbydmcbride

That's one way to ensure an emptier parking lot. 

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Private Port-o-Johns at the Platinum Tent

That's worth it right there.   What are you gripin' about.  Platinum Potties!!!!!

Not at it at all. 

325th place or bust!

That's a brilliant idea!  I can see how everybody who puts on a marathon is one of the 1 percent...

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Scout7

Those RnR people ruin everything they touch.

DoppleBock

WI has 25 more little marathons - With different feels - But just as easy logistics (Well - not exactly since you would have to drive to them)

I am not sure which is WI biggest?  Probably Green Bay ~ 3000 cap with 7,000 cap 1/2M - then Milwaukee ~ 2700 cap with no 1/2 Marathon.

I tend to like the ones like Whistle Stop - Rails to Trails - Journeys in Eagle River

I ran my community's little podunk marathon last fall, and I could get in my car and be gone within 5 minutes of crossing the line (if I could have walked at that point), and people are asking when I'm going to do a big city marathon.  Meh.  The experience of those big things don't mean that much to me.  I'll still hurt the same when I'm done.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Good grief.

Parade central.

"run" "2" "eat"

the last marathon i did offered (free) parking in a muddy field.  

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

the last marathon i did offered (free) parking in a muddy field.  

How much was the towing?

A Saucy Wench

How much was the towing?

I'd have paid for the towing but  I dont know who towed me

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

If I wanted to run a marathon in tennessee, I am sure I could find some podunk marathom with free parking good people, and beer at the finish.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I heard about that muddy parking area.  I believe, if I recall correctly, the "towing" was other runners postrace and beer-lubricated pushing and pulling in a monsoon.  Sounds awesome. I'd pay a premium for that kind of service.

+1

Feeling the growl again

They are ALMOST as bad as Ennay and electronics.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills