Dr. Poon Diet (Read 1855 times)

Rundadrun27

Has anyone ever heard of this diet?  The first week of the diet, you eat only Vegetables and Protein.

http://www.poondiet.com/.

Personally I'm skeptical of all of these "diets". I'm from the old school. Eat right and excercise regularly. Eating right doesn't mean eliminating certain foods from your diet. It means eating a balanced diet from all 4 food groups. If we were meant to only eat Vegetables, we'd be Rabbit's. Sadly our society is becoming too dependant on quick fixes. To me that's what this is.

mikeymike

Be that as it may, a poon diet still sounds worth exploring.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds like an Atkins knock-off, which is fine if a person is doing more weight-training and resistance workouts, but probably wouldn't work well for someone doing endurance activity like running and cycling.  I lost 60#s eating a high protein/veggie/whole foods diet, but regained 20 as soon as I fell off the wagon and started bingeing on the high-glycemic carbs again.  I need to stick to something closer to the South Beach diet, which is higher protein, lots of fruits/veggies, and low-glycemic carbohydrates...whole grains.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How did I know someone would go there...?  Wink

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

How did I know someone would go there...?  Wink

How could one NOT go there? Geesh...poon diet!  Heheheheheh! 

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How could one NOT go there? Geesh...poon diet!  Heheheheheh! 

Dr. Poon really missed his calling...he should have been a Gynecologist. *rimshot*

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

A poon diet should not be confused with a 'poon diet, which is more of a liquid diet anyway.

mta: though the two do go well together.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A poon diet should not be confused with a 'poon diet, which is more of a liquid diet anyway.

mta: though the two do go well together.

Will a 'poon diet guard against "whiskey dick?"

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

! All poon, all the time.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, the magical diet marketing phrase, right there on page 2:

"This diet will let you eat as much as needed to satisfy your hunger and you lose weight at the same time."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What kind of name is Poon, anyway?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

"This diet will let you eat as much as needed to satisfy your hunger and you lose weight at the same time."

But will it detox?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

But will it detox?

like a cleanse?

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's true if a person isn't bingeing on the high-glycemic stuff.  I could NEVER lose weight on low-fat/high carb, no matter how hard and how many times I tried (this was the story of my 20s).  I always ended up shaking and ready to gnaw my arm off.  When I dropped the empty startches my blood sugar was no longer spiking and plummeting, along with my appetite.  I wasn't hungry eating fewer calories as long as those calories didn't include stuff to make my blood sugar flip-out.  60#s...that's a lot of weight off of my 5'3.5" frame.  I couldn't lose 10 on a traditional low-fat diet.  All calories are not created equal for everyone.  200 calories of protein don't have the same effect that 200 calories of pure carbohydrate would have in my system.

~ Sarah Kay

No, no my child.  Dr. Poon clearly anticipates your concerns at the very bottom of the page:

I do not claim this is a miracle diet and this diet may not be suitable for everybody.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus