What is an easy run? (Read 441 times)

I believe if you're into heart rate training easy should be about 60% of max heart rate.

my understanding is that an easy run is essentially just to get the blood flowing to aid in recovering quicker between hard workouts.

so slower than your long run...

if you're new to running training I think these zones and effort get muddled a bit.

300m- 37 sec.

I believe if you're into heart rate training easy should be about 60% of max heart rate.

my understanding is that an easy run is essentially just to get the blood flowing to aid in recovering quicker between hard workouts.

so slower than your long run...

if you're new to running training I think these zones and effort get muddled a bit.

I think you just mixed up two efforts: recovery & easy. Recovery between repetitions are also sometimes referred to as jogging and at around 65% of HRmax. Jack Daniels puts the easy aerobic zone between 70-75% of HRmax. And the moderate aerobic zone at 78% for beginners.

There are a few calculators out there in the web that allow you to personalize this. Good luck with your training!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!