I lost a stone (15 pounds to most of you) (Read 2672 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah I tried that for awhile. Part of how I ended up at 186 13+ stone Black eye
    Ditto. I just kept buying bigger clothes. Thought my clothes were shrinking. I didn't need to weigh myself, since I knew I wasn't gaining.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I didnt even need to buy bigger clothes. One it was the advent of super stretch denim. So as long as I had one pair of Jeans that the label SAID size 12, I was not gaining. Two - it was during peak vanity sizing. So a 12 was a lot bigger than a 12 used to be. Even when I had to buy a 14 I convinced myself that was my real size...even though all the other brands in the store said size 20. Plus I am a big fan of sweats and yoga pants.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

OMG, after 35 years I finally know what it meant on the back of my sisters' Beatles trading cards when it said John and Paul weighed 10 or 11 stone! Hallelujah!
        Purdey

Self anointed title

OMG, after 35 years I finally know what it meant on the back of my sisters' Beatles trading cards when it said John and Paul weighed 10 or 11 stone! Hallelujah!
          Glad to be of assistance. Anything else you don't understand about Britain..... actually.... let's not go there! Tongue

My sweet new crank!

Kirsten - why not introduce the humble British "stone" to the US. You could start a revolution! x
            I tried that with gtting rid of that "crazy" metric system...more work than it is worth!
            Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Glad to be of assistance. Anything else you don't understand about Britain..... actually.... let's not go there! Tongue
              Purdey, I will be in London for two days in November, so I may ask you stuff. One stupid question - on my first visit to London, I was trying to figure out where I should walk on the sidewalk. I assumed LEFT, since you drive on the left (that was scary, watching my dad do that), but it seemed like a lot of people were walking on the right side. Confused I know, I'm a dumb American! Blush
              Purdey

Self anointed title

Purdey, I will be in London for two days in November, so I may ask you stuff. One stupid question - on my first visit to London, I was trying to figure out where I should walk on the sidewalk. I assumed LEFT, since you drive on the left (that was scary, watching my dad do that), but it seemed like a lot of people were walking on the right side. Confused I know, I'm a dumb American! Blush
                Not dumb at all. I am not aware of any "rule" on where you should walk on the "sidewalk". First point - we call it a pavement in the UK. I think that we walk wherever we want to walk. Is there an assumed rule in the US that you should walk on the right hand side of a sidewalk?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Not dumb at all. I am not aware of any "rule" on where you should walk on the "sidewalk". First point - we call it a pavement in the UK. I think that we walk wherever we want to walk. Is there an assumed rule in the US that you should walk on the right hand side of a sidewalk?
                  OK, thanks, I will remember "pavement!" I was engaged to a British guy for awhile, so I learned a lot of the proper words, but I wasn't aware of that one. Yes, I would say people here do try to walk on the right side, generally. Helps traffic flow a little smoother.