RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Dave

Finally saw "No Country For Old Men." Intense...I love and hate the ending simultaneously...I did not think that possible. And Tommy Lee Jones is still all kinds of awesome. Javier Bardem is one creepy-ass dude! Josh Brolin...definitely well cast.
    That was one strange movie. Very well acted but sort of difficult to watch. It left me sort of flat, particularly with the ending. Chance is a cruel master.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That was one strange movie. Very well acted but sort of difficult to watch. It left me sort of flat, particularly with the ending. Chance is a cruel master.
      Exactly. I felt very tired by the end of it...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Just saw "Burn After Reading". The Coen Brothers rock. It's more like Fargo than Old Men (but not as good as Fargo) but still a lot of fun complete with the usual oddball characters, strange situations, coincidence, unintended consequences, sudden plot twists, and humor. Thumbs up. Funny quote: "Mac, or PC?" Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The voice of mile 18

just saw this too nad loved the movie and how it was shot - that is some beautiful country even if it isn't for old men. the ending sucked donkey's

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Imminent Catastrophe

just saw this too nad loved the movie and how it was shot - that is some beautiful country even if it isn't for old men. the ending sucked donkey's
            I thought the ending was brilliant. Not a Hollywood ending, for sure. That would have been a sellout.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

The voice of mile 18

I thought the ending was brilliant. Not a Hollywood ending, for sure. That would have been a sellout.
              sure wasn''t a hollywood ending but it was very unsatisfying. just seemed like they ran out of film after shooting a great movie

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, good doesn't always prevail...

Insert witty title here

I recently watched Little Miss Sunshine. It took me 3 tries because it's fairly slow and boring through most of it, but the ending makes it all worth it Smile

ThomasRuns Blog
                  Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just saw "Burn After Reading". The Coen Brothers rock. It's more like Fargo than Old Men (but not as good as Fargo) but still a lot of fun complete with the usual oddball characters, strange situations, coincidence, unintended consequences, sudden plot twists, and humor. Thumbs up. Funny quote: "Mac, or PC?" Big grin
                    Saw it yesterday. It had everything you'd expect from a Coen brothers film (great ensemble, quirky characters, dark humor, unexpected grisly violence), but I found it a little wanting. It was a short (1h37m) film, which I appreciate in these days of bloat, but this one felt like it could have used the extra 15 or 20 minutes. It ended, and I had this feeling of, "that's it?" They had a great set of characters that I felt they could have done a little more with. I do have to admit that Clooney's "project" was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I recently watched Little Miss Sunshine. It took me 3 tries because it's fairly slow and boring through most of it, but the ending makes it all worth it Smile
                      I just watched this for the first time last weekend and I was so sorry that I hadn't seen it sooner! It was fantastic. The very beginning was a little slow for me but as soon as they hit the road I was hooked and I laughed my ass off through the whole thing. What a fantastic feel-good movie that wasn't too ooey-gooey.
                      2009 Goals:
                      PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                      Run a 10K
                      Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                      Complete my first Sprint Tri

Imminent Catastrophe

I just watched "Righteous Kill", it was pretty good (how could a movie with Pacino and DeNiro be bad?) but that's not what this rant is about. Here goes: AngryOne medium-size popcorn $6.40. YGTBSM! Angry28, yes, twenty-eight minutes of commercials and previews before the movie finally started. And don't tell me to arrive late to avoid the commercials, because if I do that I might not get a good seat. AngryThe web site had the wrong movies (z-vents.com) so when we showed up to see "Dark Knight" it wasn't showing. At least the manager comped the movie, which is why we didn't leave during the twenty-eight minutes of commercials and previews. Pay-per-view on satellite is looking better all the time.

HOSS1961

I just watched this for the first time last weekend and I was so sorry that I hadn't seen it sooner! It was fantastic. The very beginning was a little slow for me but as soon as they hit the road I was hooked and I laughed my ass off through the whole thing. What a fantastic feel-good movie that wasn't too ooey-gooey.
                          Man I cracked up when the pageant was over and the bored guy in the audience jumped up and yelled... Big grin
                          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                          zzz

LMS is one of my most favorite movies of all time.... classic hilarity all around!! One to see over and over again!!
                            xor

I just endured There Will Be Blood. Er... ok... Can I have the last 2 1/2 hours back?

xor

Duplicate removed. (I figured you needed to know about that twice. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE.)