Skora - shoe manufacturer (Read 73 times)

Can Skora be added as a shoe manufacturer?   Thanks!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Oooh... whadya get???

(I have 6 pairs )

Liz

pace sera, sera

Tempo!  Bright yellow.   I'm glad to find another Skora person!    You can enter it under "Other", and then for Model there is Skora-Tempo, but no Skora for the manufacturer.   What do you wear?

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I have the Tempo and think it's made of unicorns!

Sadly, the fit is just too sloppy for me to comfortably use on anything faster than an easy run. (Which doesn't mean I haven't taken them through a marathon and a 25K ...)

My favorite to run in and for everyday "fashion" is the Form. I have two pair, digital camo and blue camo.

I recently picked up the Core, having found a great buy on a color combo I thought would work well at the office. I don't think I'd want to run in them.

I really wanted to love the Fit; but they just don't ... fit. They are sized a bit differently from the Form/Core/Phase and with too little height in the toe box; I've tried multiple sizes, with and without insoles and with insoles from other Skora shoes (which are thinner).

I also have a pair of the Phases. They are OK while running, but the collar of the heel digs in when walking (it's a bent-leg vs. straight-leg issue). Meh.

The current generation is better than the original. And, the company happily offered to exchange my gen1 shoes for gen2 while I was asking a question about sizing of the Fit.

Overall, I'm really impressed with their shoes and the level of service from the company. The quality and attention to detail is in stark contrast to most standard shoes (and especially when compared to, say, Skechers). And the packaging is lovely! (except for the Tempo, which came in a standard shoe box - wth???)

I like that the shoes are generally foot-shaped - with room in the toe box for toes to just be themselves, but with an otherwise fairly close fit (Tempo not withstanding, in comparison to other models).

I also like the lack of flare on the soles. I do not enjoy having my foot strike forced to happen prematurely and with greater lever arm. (Yes, I've been known to hack off the edges of soles to eliminate this "feature" of the current standard running shoe.)

Good deals can often be found on Amazon; especially on retired colorways.

Liz

pace sera, sera

eric :)

Can Skora be added as a shoe manufacturer?   Thanks!

Done!

Eric is THE MAN!!!!  Thanks.

Liz-  you are clearly the Skora expert!  Good to know!

I'm interested, but they look a little like the Pure Flow and I hated the Pure Flow. Are they similar?

I think they are more like Altra.  Pretty low profile.  The Tempo is the most cushioned, and it's not a whole lot!

spinach

I really wanted to love the Fit; but they just don't ... fit. They are sized a bit differently from the Form/Core/Phase and with too little height in the toe box; I've tried multiple sizes, with and without insoles and with insoles from other Skora shoes (which are thinner).

I do love the Fit. I have several pairs of them and think they are really great.  I am trying to use the Phase but the thick ridge right at the top of the heel is quite annoying and keeps me from wearing it very often. I have tried various socks to try to mitigate this problem but no luck.

I agree that the Skora shoes are quite high quality, much better than other shoes. My Fit show virtually no wear on soles after several hundred miles while I have a pair of Skechers GoMeb KRS (I do really like these shoes also) with 200 miles on them and the soles are almost all worn out.  I will only get about 300 miles in them but I only payed $20 for the pair so the miles per dollar in that pair isn't that bad.