What is your opinion of Alberto Salazar as a coach? (Read 1632 times)

Feeling the growl again

Well, one thing I can say for Salazar....he is a USATF Certified Coach, which SJ is not, even though he claims to be.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Sorry princess, but I am....

Oct-2004

Cert# L1-04-2419

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Feeling the growl again

Sorry princess, but I am....

You say lots of things you can't prove.  You're not on the list.  Perhaps for once you can provide some data.

MTA:  You look expired, buddy.  I mean, I know you're certified, just not by the USATF, which you couldn't even spell right.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Given fact that I don't teach sprinting as USATF teaches it, doesn't mean much to me actually....

Besides, the certification doesn't have any expiration date on it....

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Why is it sideways?

SJ 1, S 0!

JimR

Cool list.  Joe Vigil is on it.  So is Greg McMillan.  Kevin and Keith Hanson are there.

No Robert Vervloet.  Currently the best we can say is that he was a certified USATF (not USTAF as he seems to have plastered all over the place) coach.

USATF Coaches Registry Approved Coaches

This list represents members of the USATF Coaches Registry who have fulfilled all requirements of the registered coach program which includes an extensive background screen. All listed members are entitled to USATF's Coaches programs. Renewal to the program is required every two years along with a yearly renewal of membership in USATF.

Why is it sideways?

SJ 1, S 1!

Do I have that right, now?

Feeling the growl again

Do I have that right, now?

Unless there is a difference between certification and registration, in which case it's a wash.  But you'd think SJ would know and would have pointed this out if it pertained to him and he'd been through it.

Calling himself USTAF certified is still funny.

Why is it sideways?

Unless there is a difference between certification and registration, in which case it's a wash.  But you'd think SJ would know and would have pointed this out if it pertained to him and he'd been through it.

Yeah, and funnier even that he was able to make a thread about Salazar about him. 

Guys which page are we looking at? Is this SJ?

you are what you wear

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Bummer, have to give people money for useless information...

C-R

Bummer, have to give people money for useless information...

Isn't that exactly what you're asking people to do on your site? Unless of course it's free.

To Schedule a training session, contact our office directly, or email Robert here.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I don't work with the clinic anymore, the owner sold it...

Appearantly the new owners haven't taken it down.

JimR

Sounds like the certification expires every 4 years.

ETA: Ah, what I was lookg at is for instructional coaching certification anyway.  It looks like simple coaching registration is the 2 year cycle thing.  Well, there ya go.

Feeling the growl again

I don't work with the clinic anymore,

Seems to be the story of your life.