Brooks Adrenaline GTS8 Wearers: (Read 956 times)

Got a coupon in my email from Runbargains.com for $20.00 off of a pair.... Here is the coupon code: Code W-GTS8 I don't happen to need a pair, as I purchased a few pair of the 7's before they became extinct. Hopefully the code works! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

JakeKnight

I didn't know the GTS-7 was discontinued. I'm wearing them at the moment, and I really like them. My first pair of Brooks. Bummer. Have you tried the 8's? Are they similar?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

I'm curious too. I've went from the 5s, 6s, 7s and I'm really curious about the 8s. Please endulge.
        Happy Running,
        Troy
        "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

I didn't know the GTS-7 was discontinued. I'm wearing them at the moment, and I really like them. My first pair of Brooks. Bummer. Have you tried the 8's? Are they similar?
          Not yet, I am only 110 miles into my current pair with a backup pair in the wings. They disco'ed them late last year ( Dec) and sold all the inventory for $59.95 a pair.... Smile Shoes can be so weird, I hope the 8's are good, nothing worse than having to start all over again. I too Love Brooks shoes, they are like slippers on your feet. Smile

You can still find the 7s on clearance at some places. If you can find your size, it's a good time to buy because they're so cheap now. My local running shop was still selling them, and certain sizes are still available at Holabird Sports.

Sandi Sue

I have the 8s and I love 'em. I skipped the 7s moving from the 6s (which I really loved) to 8s. My 2 cents.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

I'm still in the 6's...found a few pair last year on clearance. I think I may jump ship to a different brand next time. I think I'm mostly just bored of the look of these. I wouldn't mind something a little less white.
                  I wore the 3, 4, 5 and couldn't run in the 6 at all (had to switch brands until I found a bunch of pairs of 5s on some website). The 7s were great, the 8s are ok.
                  MM# 1477

A Saucy Wench

dammit! I really struggle with shoes and the 7's are working for me. I have the worlds most common size so finding mine will probably be impossible. MTA - Nope no luck. SOB. They didnt tell me that when I paid full price for them in December Angry

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dammit! I really struggle with shoes and the 7's are working for me. I have the worlds most common size so finding mine will probably be impossible. MTA - Nope no luck. SOB. They didnt tell me that when I paid full price for them in December Angry
                      BUMMER for sure girl~ Sounds like there is not a HUGE difference in the 8's, make sure that you get your 8's from a reputable retailer, and try them for 30 days on some runs. Brooks as a company is great about taking shoes back, and they will put you in another shoe if they have to. That way you can decide to change shoes entirely or stay with the 8's..... Smile

Hawt and sexy

Try National Running Center. They had them a few weeks ago still in the 7s. Now the new ASR's are now only in the 8 style. I have a pair of those, but I have not run in them yet.

I'm touching your pants.

A Saucy Wench

Zappos has 3 left, but instead of lowering the price, I think they raised it Shocked NRC has only small shoes and big shoes left.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

sluggo

John

BUMMER for sure girl~ Sounds like there is not a HUGE difference in the 8's, make sure that you get your 8's from a reputable retailer, and try them for 30 days on some runs. Brooks as a company is great about taking shoes back, and they will put you in another shoe if they have to. That way you can decide to change shoes entirely or stay with the 8's..... Smile
                            I absolutely agree. I used Brooks Addiction 7's (yes, I know it is not the same as the Adrenaline) and the last pair I got in December gave me a blister issue on the back of my heel. My favorite running shoe store, New England Running Company, replaced them with a new pair of Addiction 7's even though I had about 50 miles on the pair that gave me a blister. When the newer pair did not work out (I only wore them in the kitchen but they still hurt), I returned them for full price and bought New Balance 858's. The lessons are: 1) Use your most reputable running shoe store - they are great. 2) If the newer model of Brooks don't work for you, take a look at New Balance. I really like the 858's. I see no reason to return to Brooks. Good luck on finding a shoe you like!

John
                            www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

A Saucy Wench

yeah...I have a good store..I thought. I might have bought them in November. I was just hoping to not get a babysitter and drive 25 miles each way to buy shoes this time...sigh. I'm not real happy with my new balance shoes. I guess I'll go soon then, I usually try to get 2 brands if I am getting new ones so I can try them all. I like Brooks, although I feel they die early for me.