Cell phone and running (Read 1432 times)

I tend to just carry my phone in my hand. It's easier to text while running that way.

Did you see that video of the guy texting and almost walked into a black bear?  Too funny. 

- Anya

armband. I use armpocket sport 20. very comfy.

That looks so hot.  I mean, I've had one similar to that, and the foamy material gets all wet and slick.  I sweat so damn much.  

But, this one is a lot nicer than the one I bought, I must admit.  

Thanks

- Anya

I can't stand stuff on my arms.

Me either.   Too hot and , well, my arms are huge, and the band does not help one bit, if you know what i mean Sad  

- Anya

iPhone in a Lifeproof case (completely water resistant, you can swim with it) - in a Bandi Belt.

So, you need a case , even in the badibelt? Not surprising, espeically since I'm a huge sweater. 

Wish there was a better  picture of the Bandibelt.  

- Anya

xor

Whoa.  It's like nesting dolls.

xhristopher

Did you see that video of the guy texting and almost walked into a black bear?  Too funny. 

Loved it. No doubt he had to change his pants.

I always bring mine.  I have the blackberry torch and finding a sports type band was a challenge but I use it for GPS and music.  I also run on some fairly busy roads in an area that isn't pro runner so I want to be able to reach out and touch someone.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Another iPhone / Spibelt user here.  I made sure to get the waterproof (rubber-lined) Spibelt, given how much I sweat.  I've had it in a couple of rainstorms as well, and it's kept my phone nice & dry. 

Another iPhone / Spibelt user here.  I made sure to get the waterproof (rubber-lined) Spibelt, given how much I sweat.  I've had it in a couple of rainstorms as well, and it's kept my phone nice & dry. 

I might need to seriously look at this one. Looks like it's pretty sleek, and waterproof.  Does it make you hot at all ?  

I hate summer running , did I mention I'm a big sweater? LOL

- Anya

Do you run with your cell phone?

Mine is so huge ( iPhone ) 

But, I really wish I had mine Saturday when I threw my back out. 

Where would I put it?  The thing is huge.  

I'm glad you asked this--I was wondering the same thing.  

I run alone, early in the morning (5am), when its dark outside, and along a busy road (on the sidewalk). I'd feel a lot safer if I had my cell phone with me in case of emergencies. I already were my iPod in a cheap Griffin armband (works well tho) and don't want to give up using it. I'd feel like a complete tool wearing my cell phone (Droid Charge) on my other arm. LOL anyone else were TWO armbands? I've never tried the belt thing, but I sweat like crazy around my waist and would think the belt would get soaked (plus the soon-to-be expanding preggo belly would get in the way).

So, I have absolutely nothing to contribute... I just wanted to whine a little and express my interest in this thread. Wink

Apparently, I can't spell "wear" today.

That looks so hot.  I mean, I've had one similar to that, and the foamy material gets all wet and slick.  I sweat so damn much.  

But, this one is a lot nicer than the one I bought, I must admit.  

Thanks

I get hot very easily and the armpocket has never bothered me. I barely notice that I'm wearing it. But I also avoid running if it is really hot outside. I'd rather have something on my arm than around my waist.

sincerely silly

I don't know if I'd trust any fabric...I also always use a ziploc-like bag. I wonder when the next race is...the bandiwear thing looks cool! I was thinking of a spibelt otherwise. Right now I have a small hip pack I already owned that I carry my stuff in. Since it was not made for running I have to kind of flip it inside out so that the pouch doesn't stick out and is on the inside and stays snug against me. Works well enough for now.

shin splints are my nemesis

Best Present Ever

I run while I am on call so need my phone with me. I have it in an otter box to protect against sweat (plus my tendency to fling the phone to the ground). I carry it in a Nathan pouch. I like it because it's flat and the strap is a bit wide. it doesnt bounce. I'm not a big spibelt fan as infind them bouncy. If it looks like serious rain, I slide the phone in a ziplock bag as the otter box is water resistant. It not waterproof.