Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe from Active.com's email list (Read 175 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like RA. It's home.

Yeah, I was kidding about Active. Yes, I get their spam.

bap

Many of us here at RA came in the 2007 mass exodus from CoolRunning, when Active bought it and changed it to something we didn't like. When signing up for races, I like to pay directly to the race if I can before paying the extra to gatekeeper, Active, so I can pay for the race. Sometimes, you have to deal with them though; I would rather not because of the shenanigans they've pulled over the years with things like email and confusing opt-out, opt-in stuff about subscriptions when registering for a race. They were bought out by another company last year. Perhaps, there will be positive changes.

I like RA. It's home.

Coolrunning forums get about 25 posts a day across their 18 forums. They used to get twice that in an our before Active took over.

I'll see if my login still works and post the same question. I wonder how long it will be before it's deleted by the moderators. 

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

bap

Certified Running Coach
        Crocked since 2013

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I guess that I am old school.  I cannot stand the Gmail interface (grouping messages in conversations for instance).  Thunderbird does what I need it to, prefer it over Outlook.

Mutt FTW!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do