CR Runners: Show yourself! (Read 1510 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Minds out of the gutter. Evil grin What I mean is make your profile and logs public, so we can get to know you! There's two places you need do this, if you so choose: 1. Make your profile public: In the upper right of the screen, click "Options", then "My Profile." Then, check the box next to Allow the world to see my profile and stats. Finally, click on the "Update" button at the bottom of the page. (The word "stats" in there is a little misleading; it's referring to your profile stats (age, weight, etc), not your running log stats. Perhaps Eric needs to clarify?) 2. Make your running log visible: Again under options, click "My Log Preferences." Click the radio button next to Allow everyone to see my running log, then click update. Public profiles are nice simply because it's interesting to see where people are from, what their story is, etc. Public logs are helpful for giving advice, as people can review your training.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dave

But if someone read my training log, they'd never take my training advice Shocked Shocked

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good suggestion. So many people make their logs private and/or fill out profiles with no info. After all this is a forum for runners. It's nice to know something about them when we read what they have to say and exchange information.
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
          Well for now I have made my profile public. If anyone wants to see the rest of me, there is a picture. Jonathan
          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          derek

Minds out of the gutter. Evil grin What I mean is make your profile and logs public, so we can get to know you!
            I was actually thinking of posting a message with the same suggestion. I haven't been around for a few weeks, but I started to poke around recently and noticed a ton of new users all with their profiles and logs private. Derek

Derek

Master of Inconsistency

I am now exposed Blush

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I am now exposed Blush
                Nice peas Greg... Evil grin Neil

Running ... just keep running!

More turtle than hare...

Okay, I've unearthed this topic from the archives hoping it'd have my answer... I've used the cool new WordPress widget to let others see my log, I've set my settings (both log and profile, for the good of it) to "Public" but non-RAers still are asked to log in to see my running log. Where's my mistake? My blog is at http://www.renaudfamily.com, if you'd like to look, and the link is there on the left hand side (but I'm just using the widget provided).
                  Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi When I look at your public log in RA the URL is http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f9ad6d19cbdf4dad94b97adeb8b35e30 When I look at your website the link is pointing to ... http://www.runningahead.com/log.aspx?eid=f9ad6d19cbdf4dad94b97adeb8b35e30 Could that be the problem (I'm sure people who understand technology will have a better answer than me!). Confused Neil

More turtle than hare...

Okay, that certainly puts me on the right trail. Thanks Neil! UPDATE: That was the key - I fixed it! Yay for communities and forums! I mentioned it to the widget developer, but if anyone has the same issue, you can modify the file (in a text editor) to change it to say:
                      < hp="" if="" ($showloglink="=" 1)="" {="" /> < li="" />< a="" href="http://www.runningahead.com<b>/logs/</b>< ?php echo $userId ; ? >" />< span="" class="RunningLogValue" />Running Log<>< i="" />
                      Save, re-upload and there you go!

Old, Slow, Happy

I'm one of the CR guys. I've been exposed since last November. You all better be looking!!
                        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I'm one of the CR guys. I've been exposed since last November. You all better be looking!!
                          Nice log ... amazing consistency! Neil UK (just proof that we are looking). Big grin

Wobblebottom

Hi Neil, wondered where you had gone! (Blimey sound like a stalker, sorry!) Big Richard, you are fabulous! Just looked at your log. I wish my Dad would see what you have achieved. Keep going!