Dirty Garmin - how to clean? (Read 590 times)

Yes I tried searching already, no luck. Its not my contacts, they are nice and shiny. But the back of the rest of it - the plastic - is totally coated in my left over residual salt.....its white and starting to crack like its a bunch of shifting plate tectonics or something. I always wipe it off when I'm done, but it wont go away. I tried alcohol pads, but when it dried the salt crap was still there. Its not affecting performance of my Garmin, but its bothering me. help?

an amazing likeness

I just run mine under lukewarm tapwater and use dish soap, then dry it with a towel. (I don't mind looking dorky..well, actually can't avoid it...so in the summer I wear a wrist sweatband under the Forerunner to keep it from getting drenched in my juices.)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I just rince mine off in the skink after a run, sometimes. usually I forget. I also take an eraser to the contacts even when they're not dirty, though it is amazing how quickly that one lead DOES get dirty. how weird?!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

Another Passion

This apparently works on a dirty mouth, perhaps it would work on your Garmin as well. Confused http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxVJAkwbqA

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com