5-K in 2 days? (Read 921 times)

JakeKnight

Yo Geoff: Just got the orders from the Commander. I'll be there. And running. Or limping as fast as I can. Hope I run into you! (And thanks for that shoe tip!)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Cryptic

10-4 see you in the morning
      JakeKnight

22:20. 7:13 pace. 6th in my age group. 69th overall, out of 889 finishers and around 1200 registrants. Not bad. Glad I showed up. Plus, you just can''t beat 69th place. A 20 second PR over my last time trial, and a 2:00 minute improvement since my last actual 5-k race. And my better half absolutely rocked it - a sub-30:00 5-k. Plus, I got to meet Geoff, and see a whole bunch of folks in Monkey shirts. Go figure. Followed by lots of beer, lots of food, and my Cowboys whomping the Bucs. A great day. I say again: glad I went.

Cryptic

24:04 over here. Next time i am going to have to try and keep up with you. Fun race. Nice meeting you guys.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

22:20. 7:13 pace. 6th in my age group. 69th overall, out of 889 finishers and around 1200 registrants.
            Four days after THAT marathon, you did this well??!? Uh oh Shocked Maybe I rescind my RCM challenge Sad You may yet cream me... Wink
              Nice job JK! Imagine what you'll do when you recover from your marathon!

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yeah, he's lookin' pretty scary! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

Four days after THAT marathon, you did this well??!? Uh oh Shocked Maybe I rescind my RCM challenge Sad You may yet cream me... Wink
                  Please. I think you'd kill me on that course. Assuming you leave your phone at home. I doubt I'll be able to show up. I'd have to drive down that morning. But I'm tempted. I think on that flat course, in December, I could finally have my sub-4:00 marathon. But this perverse part of me really wants to do it at the CMM. I'm still pissed about last year, and I want my revenge on that dumb race. You'll definitely get your rematch there. Smile By the way, it was really cool to see all those Monkey runners at the 5k. I was really glad I wore my shirt, and not just 'cause it kept me nice and warm. I must have had a dozen people come up to me and ask how I did last Sunday. That shirt is quite the conversation starter. Plus, I think it's the only way Geoff found me. And you should have heard what everybody was saying about the Monkey. A good time was apparently had by all. Smile

Well done, JK! An excellent time, especially after the marathon, and a major improvement over your last times. Way to go.
                    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48