Summer Socks (Read 554 times)

Driver, Runner, Bestie

So I had some Smart Wool socks for most of the winter. I eventually put a hole in the one pair I had and figured that the cold weather would be over, so I decided not to replace the socks (at like $14 a pair) until the fall. I have been using regular, cheap athletic socks. But they are thick and cotton and today, this morning at 40 degrees, they are starting to feel damp and bulky. I am guessing they will feel worse at 20 degrees warmer. So what recommendation do you guys have? Wool? Or is there some other magic material out there? What thickness works best in warm and humid conditions?
      I use Thorlo socks with CoolMax year round with good results, they keep my feet comfortable in the hot/humid summer runs.
        I've got various pairs of Under Armour heat gear socks and love them all.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I do Smartwool year-round, but I use the ultra-light ones in the Summer and the light or medium ones when it's colder.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

baysix

call claudin at baysix 888-229-7491 give her your info and she will send you a free pair of socks! use this code 72763 and your user name on this site PoeDogRuns this is just for you! hope you like them! steve please this offer is for poedog runs - dont be a hater - let poe dog get some free socks!

...smile :)

Bridgedale liners. Thin, cool and durable.