Ran my second marathon and reached my goal! (Read 920 times)

I ran the Vermont City Marathon yesterday and broke the 4 hour barrier, finishing at 3:53:57.  This was my second marathon and I shaved off about 35 minutes (4:29:12 as a first-timer in 2007).

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

an amazing likeness

Now that's really bringing it home. Great race Johnny, sounds like a good day for you.  Hope you get some time to bask in your accomplishment!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

kcam

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!! 

Congratulations on the big PR, JohnnyMack! 

Eat, Play, Run

That's amazing! Congratulations!!
            That's fantastic!  What did you do in between marathons to have such a great PR?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting it right on only the second try is truly a feat!  Nice job, Johnny.  I hope you are recovering nicely. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

Woohoo! Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

That's fantastic!  What did you do in between marathons to have such a great PR?

Thanks everyone!

I think the big difference was that I weighed about 20 pounds less. 

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations! The weight was probably a factor, but you still had to put the hard work in to get that kind of time. Awesome job!

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Wow that's great. All the determination and hard work paid off Smile

Dave

Thanks everyone!

I think the big difference was that I weighed about 20 pounds less. 

Lets see, rule of thumb is 2 seconds per pound per mile.  Comes out to 17 minutes 20 seconds shaved off due to the weight loss.

My guess is there was some great training thrown in. 

Great job, Johnny!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

nkeliher

Running nut

Nice job Johnny - that's a great improvement. Congrats on the weight loss too!
                          Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Wow, you've really made some incredible strides. Congratulations!

TRUST THE PROCESS

jeffdonahue

Wow!!!!  Nice job - took me years to knock off any time like that (like 4 years actually) from my marathon time.

Just noticed you live in Malden and wondering if I have seen you running before.  I live in Melrose and occasionally take routes over your way - usually around Pine Banks and down by Oak Grove.

Jeff, I run down main street in melrose quite a bit... It's a great area.  I ump some games at the pine banks baseball fields as well.