Idiot-proofing (Read 587 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

The buttons for "follow route back to start" and "create the return leg of an out-and-back route" are really excellent features, except for one thing. If you click them accidentally, you are in for a lot of "un-doing". Today I was mapping out a marathon route, and once I got to mile 25 (naturally) I accidentally clicked the "follow route back to start" button. D'oh! The only way to undo that is to hit the "undo" button, one waypoint at a time, and on a marathon route, that's a lot of clicks, like over a hundred. How about a confirmation dialog "are you SURE you want to follow the route back to the start?" before this command is executed?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Wingz

Professional Noob

Or how about making the "undo" button that right now only erases one stop at a time erase the last click, whatever it was? (Or if you click it right after a "follow back to start" it could give you the option of undoing either the last click or the last point...) That way when someone intentionally clicks "follow back to start" they won't get hassled with an "are you SURE?" message.

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Displaying a confirmation dialog is much easier than keeping track of changes. I do agree that we need something like that because I've done that several times myself.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Ah, well, you know I wouldn't want things to be too easy for ya! Wink Gotta keep that programming brain sharp! Tell ya what - if I can think of a more difficult way to do things I'll let you know! Smile

eric :)

Ah, well, you know I wouldn't want things to be too easy for ya! Wink Gotta keep that programming brain sharp! Tell ya what - if I can think of a more difficult way to do things I'll let you know! Smile
            Thanks Wingz!
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks Wingz!
              Happy to oblige! Big grin