Stevie Ray's Bellingham Bay Marathon Report (Read 411 times)

xor

Bellingham is north of Seattle, near Canada. Very beautiful BUT HILLY! place. Here is my report from the Bellingham Bay Marathon. As always, reports for a bunch of other races can be found over there.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...that sounded tough. Hills kinda scare me. Mostly 'cause we don't really have any, so it's hard to train for races like that. That weather sounded awesome! This time of year is fabulous! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Wow SR, a great time on that course - kinda made me queasy reading about all those ups and downs! Arla

Ex runner

Loved your report. Sounds like you had a fun race even with all of the heeeels. Congrats on meeting/exceeding your time goal on a tough course.
          xor

Oddly enough, this was not the hilliest race up here. We have lots of hilly races. But it was plenty challenging.
            That weather sounded awesome! This time of year is fabulous!
            It was awesome... but I have to say, this time of year in the PNW is not always fabulous. It can be pretty grim, although Sept and Oct have a better chance of being not-over-the-top-grim like, say, December. Bonnie, interesting that you wrote heeeeeeels for "hills". I spent about six weeks in August and early September trying to recover from a completely skinned heel. Yuck. This was an excellent race.