Running Poll Question!! (Read 275 times)

gpsrunner10

What do you do with your old running shoes?

How often do you replace yours?

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I take old running shoes to my local running store to be recycled/donated.

Replace running shoes after about 400 miles.

Mr MattM

I used to replace running shoes every 300-400 miles.  Now, I have shoes with well over 1000 miles on them and they're still in rotation.

be curious; not judgmental

After about 500 miles, the old ones get promoted to primary law mowing treads.

DoppleBock

Once or twice a year I get a call from a local thrift shop that they will be in the neighborhood and picking up stuff.  I clean up all my retired shoes and put them out with any of the clothes we are donating.

500-700 miles

What do you do with your old running shoes?

How often do you replace yours?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

#artbydmcbride

After about 500 miles, the old ones get promoted to primary law mowing treads.

I mowed the law, and the Law won!

Runners run

I mowed the law, and the Law won!

Big grinBig grinBig grin

uncontrollable

Save most - use for hiking, walking, or yard work.  Every 350 miles I notice when I am due for replacement - depending on my baseline - every 2-3 months.  Oh, and I can usually get away with an old pair for any short 5k run.

peace

Fat & lazy runner

I usually replace my running shoes every 800 km and the the dismissed pair is seldom very very "tired" so I use this shoes for yard work or, in the best cases, for walking.

Andy G.

I usually get 500+ and sometimes as much as 700 mile.     After they are worn out to the point I can run in them, I usually hold on to them and wear them when I tar the driveway, stain the deck or work in the yard and then throw them away, because that usually ruins them for good.

Champions are made when no one is watching

I usually get 500+ and sometimes as much as 700 mile.     After they are worn out to the point I can run in them, I usually hold on to them and wear them when I tar the driveway, stain the deck or work in the yard and then throw them away, because that usually ruins them for good.

I guess that makes you a tar-heeled runner.  Hee Hee. Smile

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

blythe_ann

I usually wear them around for a while, feeling silly that I'm wearing not-so-bright neon colored shoes around town.  Then, when I start to see sock where I shouldn't, I retire them to the nearest recycling center (we have a shoe center close by, actually, kinda cool).

5K: 23:45 10K: 49:50 Half:? Longest run: 20 miles

Penguin Forever

They either become casual shoes or get donated at my LRS' monthly "adventure run" in exchange for a beer ticket.

No more marathons

They either become casual shoes or get donated at my LRS' monthly "adventure run" in exchange for a beer ticket.

Shoes for beer - now there's a proposition I can get into.  Where is this LRS adventure run - I'm ready to move.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Tiefsa

I don't keep track of mileage on my shoes very well.  When I start blowing holes in them, It's time to use them for mowing the lawn, or other yard work.