The Friday Meltdown (Read 1245 times)

Shocked Rants & Raves are a few websites to the left.

Still I'm enjoying the rantins of the far right here in MS demanding that the State seced from the union. Hell this hole won the welfare lottery with 2 dollars in federal dollars (support monies) coming in for every dollar collected for Washington. Yeah I could just see what a third world state this would be if they had to start over from scratch and the Federal Government took back everything.  

Cheers you hosers!

This touches close to home, but it is the truth on MS.  My father currently lives in MS, and he is a carbon-copy of what you have posted there. "Obama is a Kenyan", "Obama is going to have UN voters at the polling stations" "Conspiracy" "Cover-up!".   "We are patriots in Mississippi" (one day before election), "we should secede from the union!" (the days following the election.)  Me and my father are complete opposites politically.  Well, correct to say I am non-partisain ane he is very partisain.  I am non-wingnut, and, well... Also, you are right on point about many southern states being big recipients of federal dollars on the ratio you described.  The south has collectively been voting against its' self-interest it seems for decades.    Well, I am not helping the meltdown thread because I agree with you.  Hmmmm...

SRL states saying The "Reported" joke is old.   Well, so is you telling people what is old when they already know it is old, is old.

And saying "The shit is bananas" is old.  really really old.

Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xor

Heh.

Prince of Fatness

For SRL...

Not at it at all. 

xor

That NEVER gets old!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The best meltdowns are the ones that happen organically, rather than preordained.  Kind of like the party that you didn't think was gonna be all that wild, and you weren't planning on drinking much, but you wake up the next morning in an unfamiliar bathtub covered in someone else's vomit.  You can't plan for that -- that kind of magic has to just happen on its own.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

MrNamtor

This touches close to home, but it is the truth on MS.  My father currently lives in MS, and he is a carbon-copy of what you have posted there. "Obama is a Kenyan", "Obama is going to have UN voters at the polling stations" "Conspiracy" "Cover-up!".   "We are patriots in Mississippi" (one day before election), "we should secede from the union!" (the days following the election.)  Me and my father are complete opposites politically.  Well, correct to say I am non-partisain ane he is very partisain.  I am non-wingnut, and, well... Also, you are right on point about many southern states being big recipients of federal dollars on the ratio you described.  The south has collectively been voting against its' self-interest it seems for decades.    Well, I am not helping the meltdown thread because I agree with you.  Hmmmm...

SRL states saying The "Reported" joke is old.   Well, so is you telling people what is old when they already know it is old, is old.

And saying "The shit is bananas" is old.  really really old.

Smile

You know what else is old? Telling people who tell people something is old that it's old to tell people something is old when they already know it's old.

cmon let's get this meltdown underway. It's almost saturday for chrissake.

bhearn

Please, let's not.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

The best meltdown threads get started when a royal person gets married and an entire country gets drunk to celebrate it.

This was one of my top favorite meltdowns in history. As was said earlier, some key personalities are missing from RA. Meltdowns may be few and far between these days.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

xor

Please, let's not.

Yes.

Meltdowns can be fun, but they usually aren't.  But sometimes.

Meltdown gratia meltdownis  (a manufactured meltdown just for the sake of having a meltdown) sucks.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yes.

Meltdowns can be fun, but they usually aren't.  But sometimes.

Meltdown gratia meltdownis  (a manufactured meltdown just for the sake of having a meltdown) sucks.

Yup.  

And politics is too obvious, and frankly, not that fun.  If you're gonna go thermonuclear, better to go for running skirts or fat people at water parks. 

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

RWPartisanRunner

Mommy Dearest

RIGHT. CHEERS THEN MATES MELTDOWNS AINT THE RA WAY ARE THEY? NO PRECIOUS FRIGGING MELTDOWNS ON THE RA./  GUESS WE'LL LEAVE THE MELTDOWNS ON RW WHERE THEY BELONG, WITH THE UNDESIRABLES ON THE RW LAND OF LOWLIFES. THE UNWASHED RUNNERS WHO BLOW SNOT ROCKETS IN THE FACES OF OLD LADYS WE WILL.AND WHY BECAUSE THE GREAT OL GREYBEARDS OF RA HAVE SPOKEN!! AND WENCE THEY DO THEIR WORD IS LAW/NO MELTDOWNS YESSIREE MY ARSE,

Running for 9 months.

5k - 30:24

10k - 1:15

MrNamtor

RIGHT. CHEERS THEN MATES MELTDOWNS AINT THE RA WAY ARE THEY? NO PRECIOUS FRIGGING MELTDOWNS ON THE RA./  GUESS WE'LL LEAVE THE MELTDOWNS ON RW WHERE THEY BELONG, WITH THE UNDESIRABLES ON THE RW LAND OF LOWLIFES. THE UNWASHED RUNNERS WHO BLOW SNOT ROCKETS IN THE FACES OF OLD LADYS WE WILL.AND WHY BECAUSE THE GREAT OL GREYBEARDS OF RA HAVE SPOKEN!! AND WENCE THEY DO THEIR WORD IS LAW/NO MELTDOWNS YESSIREE MY ARSE,

Is this all one sentence? I don't even think it should be one paragraph.

No, I definitely got a "period" vibe from it.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yup.  

And politics is too obvious, and frankly, not that fun.  If you're gonna go thermonuclear, better to go for running skirts or fat people at water parks. 

Aw, Jeff beat me to the punch here.

I was gonna suggest discussing:

• how it is better for your running biomechanics (& therefore overall health) to have decent cushioning in the heel of the running shoe -- and especially not to destroy the pad of your heel with ill-conceived "imitate the poor savages" trends
                              • how the US has a serious obesity epidemic, and so really needs people to take up exercise, and so the barriers to entry need to be lowered. Elitist pricks who only want to reward the really fast, genetic freaky, thin people who always come in first, are a real hindrance to improving overall health
                              • runners are always getting in the way on bike paths, and are a real pain in the ass
                              • most runners get injured from running too fast. Most runners, and all beginning runners, need to focus on running slowly
                              • crossfit (I won't even bother to propose a line to take on this one)
                              • which is the best marathon

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

OSTRICHES MY ARSE,