Dog defence (Read 529 times)

Thinking of making one of these for use against dogs: http://www.etsy.com/listing/94586717/monkey-fist-self-defense-lanyard

Having been nearly attacked by several loose dogs (while the owners did nothing, I might add), I can say it was one of the scariest experiences

in my life. The above lanyard looks light; it should be easy to conceal under a t-shirt. Thoughts?

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Monkeys are far far more dangerous than dogs, and cannot be trusted to protect you. I would much rather be attacked by a dog than depend on a wiley monkey.

Also, dude, what are you doing on Etsy?!

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Also, dude, what are you doing on Etsy?!

Etsy is all about handmade items and artists promoting themselves. Completely different from that estrogen trap Pinterest. I bought my beard beanie on Etsy, nothing manlier than an extra beard.

I bought my beard beanie on Etsy, nothing manlier than an extra beard.

I stand corrected. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Feeling the growl again

I would think a good swift kick would be more effective than that, unless there is a lead ball in the center of it.  

Seriously, there have only been a few dogs I have encountered -- a really mean Rott, a couple Pitts, a pair of Dobermans tag-teaming me, and a pair of Mastiffs doing the same -- which made me feel under-equipped to defend myself.  An aggressive poster takes care of 90%.....a good kick or a punch another 9%....the last 1%...that will get the adrenaline up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills