What Restaurant Chain Makes the Best Burger (Read 423 times)

Fuddruckers is damn good.  Unfortunately, they closed all of them around here.  i don't know why.

I've been traveling to North Jersey weekly as of late, and they have one up there that I went to last week.  Had an elk burger, and it was pretty awesome.

They have smashburgers all over the place.  haven't been to one yet, but I hear it's pretty good.

As for Red Robin, their fries suck.  So, that almost rules them out entirely.  IMO that is.

Applebee's has a pretty awesome "quesedilla burger".  Just had that the other day.

I hate eating at chain restaurants, but when you travel, sometimes its the only option.

Jeff

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'll toss one out here that being north of the border, probably most of you won't have. Montana's. Great burgers!

We just got 5 Guys here a couple of years ago. Fudd's hasn't been around in forever; 20 years maybe. We're going to be getting Fat Burger which I've never heard of.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

dennrunner

Fuddruckers is damn good.  Unfortunately, they closed all of them around here.  i don't know why.

I've been traveling to North Jersey weekly as of late, and they have one up there that I went to last week.  Had an elk burger, and it was pretty awesome.

They have smashburgers all over the place.  haven't been to one yet, but I hear it's pretty good.

As for Red Robin, their fries suck.  So, that almost rules them out entirely.  IMO that is.

Applebee's has a pretty awesome "quesedilla burger".  Just had that the other day.

I hate eating at chain restaurants, but when you travel, sometimes its the only option.

My wife and I went to Smashburgers once. Our burgers were half beef and half salt. We both have a fairly big taste for salt, but these burgers were more than we could handle. No one else in the restaurant seemed to be looking at their own food strangely. So either our burgers were messed up, or the other people were even more addicted to salt than we are.  We haven't been back.

Yeah, Red Robin fries suck, all "insides" with little browning on the outside. They're more like lightly fried potatoes than deep fried french fries. And their burgers are bland; they need a lot of extras on them.

The Applebee's Quesadilla Burger is decent for a non-bun-type burger.

Of course all this is just an opinion.

zonykel

I just rememberEd that in Japan, there was a chain called Mos Burger. They had a "spicy mos cheeseburger" that was delicious. The jalapeños were what made it spicy. It was also really messy. Now I look for whatever burger with jalapeños I can find, but none can match that one.

I just rememberEd that in Japan, there was a chain called Mos Burger. They had a "spicy mos cheeseburger" that was delicious. The jalapeños were what made it spicy. It was also really messy. Now I look for whatever burger with jalapeños I can find, but none can match that one.

Blech! Their regular burgers are pretty terrible. I tried it once when I was desperate and it was horribly disappointing. There was a local restaurant near us that was owned by an American service member and his Japanese wife called OMG Burger. It was about a 40 minute drive from my place and it was amazing! Sadly he just PCS'd and had to close for a while, but he's planning on moving back and reopening as soon as he can.

My favorite fast food burger though will always be Whataburger. Love that place!

EpicErin

Epic Runner

IN-N-OUT! (that's how you know someone is from california)

Do Epic Runs

http://www.doepicruns.com/

Birdwell

I like red robin. smashburger is better (and cheaper) than 5 guys? . Del Taco hamburgers taste the exact same as In'n'Out, plus you can get bacon on them at del Taco.

They just opened a Freddy's Steakburger near me, I think I'll check it out now.

ive eaten at fudruckers a few times, but can't for the life of me remember if I liked it. I do remember they had an ostrich burger and a buffalo burger, but I was to chicken to try.

In Japan, I went to McDonald's once and had a McTeriaki burger.  I kid you not.

It was pretty good, by fast food standards, but we got a laugh at the name.

Jeff

My wife and I went to Smashburgers once. Our burgers were half beef and half salt. We both have a fairly big taste for salt, but these burgers were more than we could handle. No one else in the restaurant seemed to be looking at their own food strangely. So either our burgers were messed up, or the other people were even more addicted to salt than we are.  We haven't been back.

Thanks for the 411.  Maybe I _won't_ be going there then.  I'm not a big fan of salt.

Jeff

I like red robin. smashburger is better (and cheaper) than 5 guys? . Del Taco hamburgers taste the exact same as In'n'Out, plus you can get bacon on them at del Taco.

They just opened a Freddy's Steakburger near me, I think I'll check it out now.

ive eaten at fudruckers a few times, but can't for the life of me remember if I liked it. I do remember they had an ostrich burger and a buffalo burger, but I was to chicken to try.

The ostrich burger at Fuddruckers is good.  Tastes a bit different, but still good.  It can be a tad dry.  Not as dry as buffalo though.

I tell you, the elk burger I had a few weeks back was good.

Jeff

Queen of 3rd Place

mmmm, elk...

Forgot about Whataburger. That's Texas, right?

Also, there's an In-n-Out in Vegas. Only one outside of CA that I know of. Their fries don't do it for me.

Ex runner

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

mmmm, elk...

Forgot about Whataburger. That's Texas, right?

Also, there's an In-n-Out in Vegas. Only one outside of CA that I know of. Their fries don't do it for me.

Not sure if Whataburger is exclusively Texas, but we've got a lot of them around here.  They're not bad.

We've also got a few In-N-Outs in the DFW area, not sure about other areas of Texas.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

In-N-Out is in Arizona also.

You people have issues 

Birdwell

In-N-Out is in Arizona also.

Utah too!

I like their fries, so long as I can eat them first. If I wait to eat them after the burger, not so great.

Ojo

Shake Shack!

Sara

MM #2929