Things that make you swear when you run (Read 1729 times)

TrailDoc

TrailDoc

We all have things that happen when we run, but only a select few will really set you off. What's yours? Mine are mountain bikers who come barreling down the trail around blind corners at fun speed, almost run you over, then don't even have the courtesy to say "Sorry"!

2014 Goals: sub-3:10 Vancouver Marathon, Leadville 50M, UltraTrail du Mont Blanc 100K

A Saucy Wench

Unexploded poppers on the sidewalk after the 4th of July. I set off 3 or 4 of them every year running on them and it scares the bejeesus out of me. People who leave dog poo on the sidewalk. This isnt as much a running thing but then knowing that my kids will probably be running down the same dang sidewalk and they wont dodge. Or if I am out with the double jogger, its a lot harder to miss.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cars that don't stop for you at pedestrian crosswalks, even when you're obviously waiting to cross.
        Jill_B

I fly.

Cars that don't stop for you at pedestrian crosswalks, even when you're obviously waiting to cross.
          +1

Bring it on.

pitrunner

Cars that stop and wait for you to cross in front of them even when you're 1/4 of the mile down the street. Thus forcing you to speed the hell up.

an amazing likeness

My running ability...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The shirtless wonder

Dead batteries in my mp3 player half way through a long run.
                mikeymike

Wind-blown sleet that feels like a thousand needles poking me in the face repeatedly for 30 minutes.

Runners run

Dave

Serious headwind.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ice.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

As you happily and excitedly exit your car and make your way through the parking lot toward roads that are *finally* clear of snow and ice, you step in a big puddle (or two) and totally soak your shoes.
                          Having your stomach go bad when you're too far out to turn around and make it back in time.

12-week layoff

Wind-blown sleet that feels like a thousand needles poking me in the face repeatedly for 30 minutes.
                            The opposite...heat. humidity. hurricanes.

Menace to Sobriety

Rednecks that shout and throw stuff from their Cam-Birds and pick ups.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

When I slip and fall.