Whatcha got showin' on your Garmin main screen? (Read 846 times)

Menace to Sobriety

The 405 took a full 20 minutes to lock on the other day in NYC. I can understand the buildings would cause that but even once I got to Central Park it still took another 10. WTF?
    Sometimes if you travel some distance, hundreds of miles, it can take a while longer to lock in. I think it "remembers" where it was, and goes out from there. I have an older 201 and if it takes a long to lock in, a message will appear asking if I'm indoors. When I choose "no", it will then ask if I've traveled hundreds of miles since I last used it. Don't know if the new ones do this or not.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

FrancesR

Elapsed Time | HR Distance | current Pace Mostly I look at HeartRate....and elapsed time so I know when to turn around and head back to the car. I am thinking of changing to HR Elapsed Time | current Pace My distances are really short still, 3-4 miles, so I don't really need to see that quite yet. I could probably just put a single HR on it, and use the other screens for the other info. That would be easier on my eyes Wink
      mspalin

Forerunner 405 Screen 1: Current Pace ------------------- Avg Pace Screen 2: Total Time ------------------ Distance With my eyes, it's easier to see 2 larger numbers than the 3 numbers, especially when running.

12 Squared

Sometimes if you travel some distance, hundreds of miles, it can take a while longer to lock in. I think it "remembers" where it was, and goes out from there. I have an older 201 and if it takes a long to lock in, a message will appear asking if I'm indoors. When I choose "no", it will then ask if I've traveled hundreds of miles since I last used it. Don't know if the new ones do this or not.
          Same here. Just arrived in Reno from Birmingham and it took my 205 about 5 minutes longer than usual. I also had to go through the yes/no screens.
          If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra