Heckuva 3 days for me (Read 199 times)

joescott

If you can't brag to a bunch of anonymous runners on the internet, to whom can you brag?

Wednesday:  6th grade son wins his first ever 800m track race at a local middle school (6th grade only) triangular.

Thursday:  14-year-old son wins both the 1600m and the 800m in convincing fashion, setting new mile PR, in middle school dual.

Friday:  Sophomore son gets 2-mile PR and his first ever high school varsity medal (3rd place) in 7-school meet in one of the most competitive efforts I've ever seen from him, hanging tough with the leaders through 7-1/2 laps and only losing out in the knife-fight final 200m.

It's like being in dad-runner heaven.  Cool

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Half Fanatic #846

WOW!  Congrats to all.  Obviously, your kids picked the right parents.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

mikeymike

Very cool.

Runners run

No more marathons

Nothing better than watching the kids do well.  Congrads to a proud dad.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Nice!!!! Congrats to your sons, and to you too!!

I'd be bragging, too!

That's pretty cool, Joe!  Cool

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

all iln one week?   thats fantastic.  kudos to you too for being good role model