Will rw put Desiree on its home addition cover? (Read 99 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I am curious if they will.

If they don't it is a shame.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

They do have a very nice article about her on line right now

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

She would certainly fit!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

runmichigan

Covers on the print magazine are often set up a few months in advance.

paul2432

Covers on the print magazine are often set up a few months in advance.

I'm curious about this. I see this statement often, but then I see weekly news magazines like Time, Newsweek, or US News and World Report, with covers pertaining to events much more recent than months in advance.  This tells me that is it certainly possible to select the cover much closer to publication than months in advance.

They do have a very nice article about her on line right now

“Well, if you’re going to race, race”

beat

Break on through

She should be on the Wheaties box too!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

runmichigan

I'm curious about this. I see this statement often, but then I see weekly news magazines like Time, Newsweek, or US News and World Report, with covers pertaining to events much more recent than months in advance.  This tells me that is it certainly possible to select the cover much closer to publication than months in advance.

One big difference is Time, Newsweek, and US News are weekly publications.  Runners World has always been a monthly publication.  Is it possible to do a cover more quickly - clearly it is possible.  However, since Runners World covers are almost always fully posed pictures taken specifically to be on the cover, they probably have agreements in advance as to when and where they can use these shots.  Not to say they can't bump one to put Desiree on the cover.

The other issue is that unless they had one of their photographers at the finish line they now have to negotiate with a press photographer and/or the BAA for rights to use one of the photographs taken of Desiree.