HTFU all Summer pays off!!! (Read 1324 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just ran 8.4 miles at a pace that I did for a tempo run of half the length a month ago...my fastest tempo run ever. AND I had to keep forcing myself to go slower (since I am planning a 14.5-15 mile run on Weds.). Making myself get out there when the Summer heat and humidity did a number on my asthma and bod really has made a difference now that it's 20ยบ+ cooler. I didn't think cutting a full 10 minutes off of last year's HM time was possible this year, but now I think it's not only possible, but probable...and maybe I will even be able to get under 2 hours if everything works in my favor. Damn. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Half mary PR, may be under 2 hours...SWEET! I think know you can do it! Advance woot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lynn, I seriously think that if I continue to train smart, the weather is good, and I am well-rested that my 2nd HM this year (late Oct.) could definitely be under 2. The first one is fairly hilly, so I'm just going to do what I can on that--plus I'm not certain it's a full 13.1...I think it's closer to 12.6 from what I've seen of the course map. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Good job Zoomie! Big grin But what is HTFU?! I opened this thread with the anticipation of some censored language ... Can you run a 5k between now and the HM's? That should be a good predictor? There is a McMillan calculator wher you can predict race performance and set realistic goals.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

This is awesome!!! You're going to kick some half marathon butt! Determination is the foundation of our own success! You are determined and you'll do it! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good job Zoomie! Big grin But what is HTFU?! I opened this thread with the anticipation of some censored language ... Can you run a 5k between now and the HM's? That should be a good predictor? There is a McMillan calculator wher you can predict race performance and set realistic goals.
              HTFU Wink There aren't any formal 5ks between now and then, but I will probably do a tempo run of at least that far...maybe treat it as a "virtual race." Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Lynn, I seriously think that if I continue to train smart, the weather is good, and I am well-rested that my 2nd HM this year (late Oct.) could definitely be under 2. The first one is fairly hilly, so I'm just going to do what I can on that--plus I'm not certain it's a full 13.1...I think it's closer to 12.6 from what I've seen of the course map. Big grin k
                But hills are you friend! Smart is the key, Kirsten! Keep it up and you will do GREAT! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO Can't wait to hear your UNDER 2 hour half marathon report this fall!!!! Your doing AWESOME Kirsten!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Pam! Lynn, hills ARE my friend, but it seems every time I have a great hill workout that I PAY for it! Last Spring I developed tendonitis issues in my right foot that took months to resolve. Now I'm kinda scared to do hill workouts, just for that reason. k

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Now I'm kinda scared to do hill workouts, just for that reason.
                      HTFU! Wink Awesome work, sistah!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

HTFU! Wink Awesome work, sistah!
                        Ha! Good point! Tongue Thanks! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

Nice work Kirsten! btw--thanks for the explanation of HTFU-been wondering about that.
                            Zoomie you ROCK!! Big grin I see a 1:XX:XX for your next HM!
                            2009: BQ?
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomie you ROCK!! Big grin I see a 1:XX:XX for your next HM!
                              Thanks -- if not this year, then definitely in '08! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay