Stange things runners do... (Read 1271 times)

va

I have been using BodyGlide to prevent chafing on my nipples and downtown. Well, it is quite a good product and works quite well, but on my recent 16 and 18 mile runs, it didn't last on the nipples, so I ended up with a bi-marked shirt on the 16 miler, and even though I made sure to apply more on the 18 mile run, they still became quite irritated (made for a real painful shower afterwards). Well, this morning I shaved the hair around my nipples so that I can apply band-aids over them for my next long run... What strange things have you done?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

just wear bandaids. Bandaids. BANDAIDS! Nipple stubble will hurt. Just sayin. Not that my little spree yesterday was not strange...but the bandaids held for 8 hours.
      va

You recommend putting the band-aid on top of the chest hair? Shocked That's got to hurt...
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, the sports strips adhere pretty well, but pull off easily when done. Now if you have a sweater's wo0rth of chest hair, nothing will stick and you should look into nip guards instead. Or just cut holes in your shirt.
            No, the sports strips adhere pretty well, but pull off easily when done. Now if you have a sweater's wo0rth of chest hair, nothing will stick and you should look into nip guards instead. Or just cut holes in your shirt.
            I'm approaching sweater territory - but I use the Sport Strip Bandaid - on Trent's recommendation several months ago - and they've held up to all my runs. No more bloody shirts and painful showers. If I rip them off quick - they don't hurt.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

va

Big grin Does he run?
              Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Now if you have a sweater's wo0rth of chest hair, nothing will stick and you should look into nip guards instead.
                If you have enough chest hair, you have built-in protection. Big grin
                Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                  Thank goodness I don't have to worry about this... Of course, I DO have to wear two bras.
                    Hmmmm ... probably talked to one of the law school deans about the wonders of body glide and why stopping at a gas station to use the bathroom is much smarter than standing in line at the bathrooms at the race site!
                    2009: BQ?
                      I can't believe I'm writing this... but, as a full-fledged member of the "sweater club" and a resident sweathog, I've found that a layer of regular old vaseline works the best for me. Band-aids, tape, etc dont stick, and I ain't shaving, and I saw the 40 Year Old Virgin waxing scene (very funny, but I can relate). Shocked

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw the 40 Year Old Virgin waxing scene (very funny, but I can relate). Shocked
                        Did you know that he was really being waxed in that scene and the reactions were pretty much unrehearsed--god, I love Steve Carrell! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The guy is a riot, and I definitely felt his pain!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The guy is a riot, and I definitely felt his pain!
                            I tried waxing my legs ONCE (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance)--managed about a 2x4" strip. That was enough. I'll stick to the inconvenience of shaving, TYVM. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jdmcgregor

All business

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy