Long-term weight-loss challenge... (Read 756 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone interested? We've been talking in Jiggly Joggers about a fun way to inspire ourselves to lose some #s in time for Summer. Right now it looks like we're leaning towards a 5% weight loss goal for everyone. We'd do weigh-in on the 19th (Mondays are our regular weigh-in days), then figure our 5% goal amounts and start on Tues--the first day of Spring. We'd all have 3 months to work towards our goals, then. Everyone feel free to join us if you've got a few pounds you'd like to be rid of in time for Summer. I personally want to be a lean, mean running machine in time for bathing suit season and have not so many pounds to haul around during races, either. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RobertEggers

These guys have helped loads of people I know lose weight. I haven’t used them myself but they seem to have a healthy attitude with a mix of supplementation, meal replacement & exercise. www.slim-down-now.net 0870 063 5966 If you contact them ask for Angela she’s lost loads Thought this might help you in the challengeSmile
      jillsey

I'm in...I'm in!!! I too want to be a lean mean running machine. And it would also be nice to walk around in a bathing suit with no jiggle. Cool how are you doing it? Do we just weigh in and post it, is their a certain time during the day you want us to weigh in by? I am motivated.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

how are you doing it? Do we just weigh in and post it, is their a certain time during the day you want us to weigh in by? I am motivated.
          I think what we will do is take our Monday weigh-in weights and base our 5% goal on that. We'll start a separate thread on Tues. (first day of Spring) listing our goals. I don't think we've decided how often we will check in after that for the challenge. Maybe once/month until the first day of Summer...? Or maybe we could just have a single thread for that challenge that I can sticky, that way we can each post to that whenever we feel like it and just keep our weekly weigh-in threads as is... Ideas? k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Hi zz, I like the idea of keeping the current weekly weigh-in threads and use them for this challenge as well. Each week, whenever a jiggler weighs in, the first line of their post would simply include their challenge weight. So for example, for this coming Monday (the start of the challenge), my weekly weigh-in post would (hopefully!) look like: Challenge Weight: 189.8 8/19/06 220.0 … 3/12/07 201.0 3/19/07 199.8 So you see my challenge weight is 95% of my 3/19 weight (189.8 = .95 * 199.8 ). Then the following week I would just add my weekly number as I always have: Challenge Weight: 189.8 8/19/06 220.0 … 3/12/07 201.0 3/19/07 199.8 3/26/07 199.0 For those who don't want to participate in the challenge, they simply would not post any challenge weight. Depending on how ambitious you are, you may also want to have a sticky for the challenge, where you could tabulate weekly or monthly summaries...
            Challenge Summary - 3/26/07

Jiggler           Challenge         Current      To Go
            -------------------------------------------------------
            va123             189.9             199.0        9.1
            ny321             abc.d             wxy.z        3.8

As you suggested, the challenge sticky could also be used to "post to that whenever we feel like it" on the topic of the challenge...
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't think we've decided how often we will check in after that for the challenge. Maybe once/month until the first day of Summer...?
              Might want to go more often there. If you go once/mo, you're only looking at four weigh-ins (3/20, 4/20, 5/20, 6/21), which may not be enough. Every two weeks?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, we'd still keep our regular weekly weigh-ins, for sure...but I like VA's idea. Hey, BTW, how did you format that chart? That would be nice to do in a single stickied thread that I could update. k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Jeff, we'd still keep our regular weekly weigh-ins, for sure...but I like VA's idea. Hey, BTW, how did you format that chart? That would be nice to do in a single stickied thread that I could update. k
                  Eric added support for the "pre" html tag a while back. This preserved spacing. Its kind of fiddly though since the forum editor doesn't use fixed-width fonts. I think the way to go would be to use HTML tables, which Eric also added support for. Here is the update notice where they were added: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/28093c71c4c4452395eb33064f812796
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's right...I forgot about that! VA, I just made you an admin in JJ, since you already have a good handle on how to set that chart up. I think we can both edit the post/thread with the chart in it to keep it updated that way, too. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Oh, that's right...I forgot about that! VA, I just made you an admin in JJ, since you already have a good handle on how to set that chart up. I think we can both edit the post/thread with the chart in it to keep it updated that way, too. Smile k
                      Wow, a promotion! Cool
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's gettin' pretty busy in there, anyhow...I've been thinkin' about having an extra moderator or two around there... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jillsey

Where do we go to post our first official weigh in weight today? I am off to a good start and already 3 hours into my day! Wink
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Right here, Jill. I think tomorrow we will have a more official thread to start the actual Spring challenge, but today is our standard weekly weigh-in, so I think most of us are planning to use today's weight to figure our 5% goal from. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jillsey

thanks...I'll get the hang of it I promise. How about that Michigan weather forecast for the week? We might actually see some spring weather!