Do you need to hear live or recorded music during a long race? (Read 251 times)

DaWeekendWarrior

Da Weekend Warrior

I NEED music while running... but it has to be MY music.  I have my playlist to pump me up at certain parts of run and help me to cruise during other parts.  Yes I took the time to maneuver my songs like that... Live music during a race is hit or miss... Dont care about 3 silly dudes playing banjo's on the side of the road.  Doesn't float my boat!!

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I generally listen to spoken-word audio when training.  I do like the occasional band or even (good) DJ during a race, especially toward the end.

The Little Rock Marathon always has a guy who plays steel drums along to some recorded dance music, while he raps/sings over it.  I always dig that guy.

MTA: Here's video of him, just for grins.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

runsonsyrup

I'm very musically motivated. I wouldn't say that I need it, but it definitely helps. It's a good distraction, and I like running to the beat of a really catchy song. My biggest motivator, though, is competition. I chase ponytails until I cross the finish line Smile

www.runsonsyrup.com

robertaajr

I listen to my playlist on my headphones while I train as well. I don't know if i'll use them during a race but while I listen to the music I get that "jolt" of energy that I need at certain points in my race during.