Indianapolis Monumental Marathon / Half / 5K 2011 (Read 1087 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Anybody running the Monumental? I'll be doing the Half.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I'm doing the full. My son the 5K. 

Good luck!

Feeling the growl again

Anybody running the Monumental? I'll be doing the Half.

I will be at home, drinking your share of beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I am doing the full. This is my second time running Indy Monumental. Looking forward to it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Full also, will be my 3rd Monumental and it's a super marathon. I know this seems silly now, but the weather forecast looks perfect - sunny and high of 52 Smile

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I will be at home, drinking your share of beer.

Damn you, spaniel!

You could always come run the half with me. At my pace that would be a recovery run for you.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Damn you, spaniel!

You could always come run the half with me. At my pace that would be a recovery run for you.

I'd have to bandit and I'm not into that....my weekends are also full for the next few weeks, otherwise I'd love to pace you and whip you to a PR.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'll be heading over to Indy to do the full! It's my first time doing this race and my second ever marathon.

Any of you Monumental vets have any things of note about the race I may want to know?

PS - current race day high forecast is 60. I love it Smile

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" ~ Hebrews 12:1 PRs: 5K - 25:03 | 10K - 54:03 | Half Marathon - 2:03:11 | Marathon - 4:47:17

C-R

I'll be heading over to Indy to do the full! It's my first time doing this race and my second ever marathon.

Any of you Monumental vets have any things of note about the race I may want to know?

PS - current race day high forecast is 60. I love it Smile

Course is fantastic for a fast race (except when there are constant winds of 20 mph and gusts of 40 like a few years past). Logistics. Don't park in the garages near the start line. I would recommend street parking on Illinois or Capital and using the short distance for a warm-up. You could also park up on 10th and Capitol and run in on the riverwalk for a warm-up. About 1.3 miles. Good luck .

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hey C-R, I've parked in one of the campus lots off of N Blackford St. for other races that have been held around this area. Is that a good place to park for the Monumental?

Good luck to everyone running and hope to see some of you there!

C-R

Only issues with that is the final leg goes down Meridian and you might get stopped at the intersections. If you park near tenth or Clarian you can hit I 65 fairly clean (if memory serves me correctly.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm coming from the west side and usually go in and out on Indiana Ave, so I shouldn't have to worry about crossing any part of the race course.

I'll actually be staying walking distance from the race so won't have to worry about parking. But thanks and good luck to all of you guys!

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" ~ Hebrews 12:1 PRs: 5K - 25:03 | 10K - 54:03 | Half Marathon - 2:03:11 | Marathon - 4:47:17

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm driving to Indy from Muncie early Saturday morning, and I'm worried about finding a good place to park at least fairly close to the start line. I've always stayed in a hotel within walking distance before, but that didn't work out this year. I'll get there early enough, that hopefully parking is not a problem. If parking on Illinois or Capital like was mentioned...is there parking meters ? Is there parking at Lucas Oil Stadium (think that's kinda close?)

The marathon doesn't bother or worry me - the parking does - LOL.

......the weather is gonna be nice Smile 

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good luck to everyone today!