Anti-chafing products? (Read 3223 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All my life I have been plagued by "chub-rub"--that inner thigh chafing. No matter how thin I am, I have always had issues with inner thigh pudge getting irritated when running. After losing weight and having a kid that area is especially problematic. I know I could wear longer "bike shorts" under my running shorts to help, but that is just one more layer of clothing to make me too warm in hot weather. I've seen various "deoderant stick" type of anti-friction products, particularly in cycling catalogs. Has anyone used anything like this and, if so, are there specific brands or types that work best? I do have a silicone-based massage/moisturizing product that seems to help, but it's very thin and soaks into the skin fairly quickly. I'm thinking something in more of a gel or paste formulation would work better and longer. TIA for any input. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

You're not the only one with that problem!!! Instead of wearing biker shorts under regular shorts (as I too did for a while!) take the plunge and wear *just* the biker shorts (and a top, of course!). It feels a little embarrassing at first since we're used to trying to hide our bodies, but it's so much more comfortable! And you do get used to wearing them after a while, I promise! That's my best suggestion for you!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had actually thought of that and I'm not really a self-conscious person (just ask Eryn)...but I don't like that the snugger shorts leave so little to the imagination, especially since I have had issues with pervy guys "stalking" me while I run on more than one occasion. I worry more that the tight spandexy shorts will draw even more unwanted attention from creeps. God...I wish tazers were legal to carry. No one's gonna mess with a girl packin' zap! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I use Bodyglide (one of the deodorant stick type products you mentioned). I get chafing occasionally and that stuff works great. It's a waxy substance that won't come off even if you sweat buckets. I always have to scrub off what feels like a layer of skin in the shower to get rid of it.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use Bodyglide (one of the deodorant stick type products you mentioned). I get chafing occasionally and that stuff works great. It's a waxy substance that won't come off even if you sweat buckets. I always have to scrub off what feels like a layer of skin in the shower to get rid of it.
            Awesome--that sounds like exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. How does it wash out of clothing it comes into contact with? k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I worry more that the tight spandexy shorts will draw even more unwanted attention from creeps. God...I wish tazers were legal to carry. No one's gonna mess with a girl packin' zap! Wink k
              How about... http://www.schmitthenner.com/images/sch8000b.jpg or http://www.schmitthenner.com/images/sch1040ba.jpg Clowning around I don't know how it would do with chafing, but it might make sure more than just the creeps were staring at you... That was what you said, right? Wink

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

How about... http://www.schmitthenner.com/images/sch8000b.jpg or http://www.schmitthenner.com/images/sch1040ba.jpg Clowning around I don't know how it would do with chafing, but it might make sure more than just the creeps were staring at you... That was what you said, right? Wink
                That's some funny stuff! Yeah, I'd stay away from you if you got one of those on.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahaha...oh, man, I think they'd send the men in white coats from the funny farm after me with either of those get-ups on! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's some funny stuff! Yeah, I'd stay away from you if you got one of those on.
                    But, wait...are you pervy? I need to find out if that would keep the sickos away... Hmmm...but those might attract some uber geeks and I do NOT need help in that dept. (just ask Eryn how geeky my DH is... Wink ). k

~ Sarah Kay

Oh yeah, she would scare the creepy neighbors away, but would have to beat her geeky hubby off!! Wink Funny enough though, those outfits remind me of something I own. Now, before you throw me in to the perv category, let me explain!! I am a team roper. For you city slickers: two riders, two horses, one horned steer...one rider catches the horns, the other the back legs. I am a header, meaning I catch the horns. Once you have roped the horns, you wrap your rope around the saddle horn & turn your horse left. This causes the rope to come down pretty tight on your right thigh, since it is attached to a large, rather ticked off bovine! This, in turn, can cause some beautiful bruising that can range anywhere from your right knee to your right hip. I bruise easy, so I wear what is called a "ropers chap". It is a thick piece of leather that straps around your leg, then hooks to your belt. If you don't remove it immediately after riding...well, you look like a toned down version of those pics!! Big grin We cowgirls sure are sexy, aren't we??
                      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay, now I don't actually OWN any of that armor... I just Googled for a picture for you. I DO, however, own a pair of chaps I made in a leatherworking class... Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay, now I don't actually OWN any of that armor... I just Googled for a picture for you.
                          Surrre....
                          I DO, however, own a pair of chaps I made in a leatherworking class... Wink
                          Oh, no...you MUST model these for the class! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I would, but I've lost my digital camera... Wink

Wingz

Professional Noob

Well, I had to really look for it, but I found it. My model said that they were just way too big for him but he thought they were kind of interesting anyway... Wink I'm having trouble figuring out how to insert a picture from home here... Eric, help? So I've uploaded the best shot into my profile picture... I have more I can email you if you're still interested.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Awesome--that sounds like exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. How does it wash out of clothing it comes into contact with? k
                                I don't notice it on the clothes. I'm sure its on there, just not noticeable. It's probably because I wear technical clothes, and polyester/lycra/microfiber have that waxy feel to begin with.