Geezered my nephew yesterday (Read 119 times)

My nephew got out of the Marines a little over a year ago, and neglected to exercise since.  Something about a full time job plus full time college student plus active FB presence plus a girlfriend.

Day before yesterday, we ran 6 miles.  We started at 10 MPM, and were walking by mile 3.  Yesterday, we started at 12 MPM and held that for the entire 6 miles.

He says he'll get even next summer.

joescott

Love it!  On July 4 I geezered my sons' whole cross country team.  Gotta keep those young pups humble once in a while!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Mysecondnewname

My nephew got out of the Marines a little over a year ago, and neglected to exercise since.  Something about a full time job plus full time college student plus active FB presence plus a girlfriend.

women weakne legs

Tiefsa

I'm more afraid of the day when my oldest son, who is seven, will dust me.

I went for a four mile run yesterday, and he biked by my side.  We went on a long bike ride together and he was telling me to keep up today.   His favorite thing to do in the yard is have me run and catch him.  I still can get him, but he turns corners so fast.  It's only a matter of time when I can't catch him anymore, or I bust my ankle trying.

joescott

I'm sure you hear this from all the geezers, Tief.  But it goes by real real fast.  Smile   Savor it.

This is 2003.  The little squirt next to me can probably beat me at anything under 5k nowadays (but I'm still tough and grisly from there up)!

MTA:  Incidentally, he turned 17 today.

First BQ 2003

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.