Columbus OH - Cap City Half 4-12-08 (Read 458 times)

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

It's a great race - are there any other RA'ers planning to do it?

Jeanne

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

$70 for a half? Yikes! For another $5 I can run Akron marathon and get a free pair of shoes. If you're looking a great race for a great cause check out lifeline of Ohio dash for donation. It's a very well run HM with good after race food. I think it's about $22 but if you're an organ donor it's only $13 (last year's prices)
      Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

I didn't know it went up to $70 - that IS marathon money! Thankfully, I get to run it for free. I have to admit that if I had to pay, I'd be staffing a water station instead. That's the thing about those John Bingham races. They're "well-run" (but so are the local ones put on by Premier Sports) but are heavily laden w/ froo-froo bling which jacks up the cost. Yeah, you get a Big Honkin Medal at the end, but sheesh. Maybe we'll get performance shirts instead of cotton this year... That being said, I run the LifeLine Half every year too. The volunteers are awesome and I like that the course is a mix of streets and bike path. Although that uphill finish gets me every time.

Jeanne

Thanks for the HM tip! I have been looking for one. The lifeline is on my calendar. Looks like it is an early start so weather may not be as bad. How hilly is the course? I am running the Heart Mini Marathon 15k in Cincinnati this Sunday. The hills are going to hurt! (not enough hills in training)

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

Nanorunner

I'm running the Cap-City half. It'll be my first 1/2 marathon. Early registration was $60. Still high!
            Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Lee - The Cap City Half (in 2wks) has ~40ft total elevation/descent, but no real hills. The LifeLine Half has a few rolling smaller hills on the bike-trail portion, also of 30-40ft at the most. The final 0.1m is uphill, where I always have to HTFU.

Jeanne