Import Workout Confirmation Dialog Box (Read 704 times)

jfjunior

Hi,

I'm wondering if Running Ahead will come up with an option to remove the confirmation when we are importing a log.

After I select the log and I click Import it comes up with "Are you sure you want to save all of these workouts?". I find it unnecessary to have such dialog box.Perhaps we could have a check box where we can select " do not show this dialog box anymore".

Thank you.

eric :)

jfjunior,

There are enough users that accidentally save all the imported workouts that a confirmation is needed.  Having an option to disable this particular confirmation is overkill.  RA already has too many options and I don't want to introduce another one.  Would you be willing to compromise?  I'll modify the code to hide the confirmation if you have less than 5 newly imported workouts.  If you upload your data regularly, you won't see the prompt while still ensuring users with large number of workouts won't accidentally save all the workouts.

eric Smile

an amazing likeness

j I'll modify the code to hide the confirmation if you have less than 5 newly imported workouts.  If you upload your data regularly, you won't see the prompt while still ensuring users with large number of workouts won't accidentally save all the workouts.

eric Smile

Yes, please.This would be great.

+1  (<---- I think this is how all the cool kids say they like something..)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

jfjunior

jfjunior,

There are enough users that accidentally save all the imported workouts that a confirmation is needed.  Having an option to disable this particular confirmation is overkill.  RA already has too many options and I don't want to introduce another one.  Would you be willing to compromise?  I'll modify the code to hide the confirmation if you have less than 5 newly imported workouts.  If you upload your data regularly, you won't see the prompt while still ensuring users with large number of workouts won't accidentally save all the workouts.

eric Smile

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I think this is an excellent idea. Thanks a lot!!!